33. Tense

It was after school on Friday and I had just arrived home since I no longer had my usual ride and getting to and from school was longer than ever when my car is in the shop.

It was almost three thirty so I had around three hours to get ready before Parker picks me up. That gives me at least an hour to take a nap to mentally prepare myself for dinner. I was home alone so the stars had basically aligned for the perfect, refreshing nap. I could hear my bed calling from upstairs. In a hazy state I began moving up the stairs one at a time, following the siren song of my bed, luring me in.

Setting my bag on my desk, I face planted onto the mattress making sure I had a timer ready to go off in an hour. My eyes closed with ease. It would only be an hour...

...

Oh shit.

Oh fuck.

Scrambling around my room, I tried to get an outfit ready. That hour nap I took? Turns out sleepy me is better at clicking the repeat timer than I thought. That left me with an hour (more like fifty minutes) to get showered, dressed and do my hair and makeup. I've really gotta start controlling my sleepy self.

By know I'm sure everyone is home and usually I'd be more careful with how much noise I'm making but this is an emergency situation. They'll forgive me later. Giving up on finding an outfit, I grabbed my towel off the side and raced to the bathroom slamming the door behind me. I could hear the muffled yelling of my name but I didn't care. I had a mission to complete.

I quickly tied my hair up, no time to wash it. In record time I got under the freezing cold water, rinsed and washed my body before hopping out, ultimately slipping in my rush. Forty minutes left.

I dashed back to my bedroom to look at the carnage my wardrobe was in from before. I dug my arms in, shuffling through the clothes before my hands landed on something. Bringing my hands out of the pile I observed what I had brought up with them. In one hand, I had a black pleated skirt, the length landed just above my knee and had a large ribbon around the waist as a belt.

In my other hand, I held a thin, grey sweater. The two pieces complimented each other perfectly. It must've been fate.

I quickly put on my underwear and bra before throwing the outfit on. I tucked in the sweater and tied the bow as nicely as I could.

Now time for the makeup. I tried to channel what the girls would say and the tips they told me. I didn't want to overkill it with the outfit, so I settled for simple nude shades as well as filling in my eyebrows. I went over my eyelashes with mascara to accentuate them and that was it! It's all that I was comfortable with as I was just getting the hang of makeup, plus I have no extra time to experiment.

Five minutes to spare.

I looked in my closet for a pair of shoes, my eyes catching the pair of white wedges that Carly had lent me a while ago. I smiled sadly at the memory but picked them up anyways. The heel wasn't big enough for me to be constantly falling plus my feet wouldn't hurt so much by the end. Although there was that little itch in the back of my mind saying she wouldn't want me to wear them, I ignored it. If she didn't want me to wear them then she should be here with me.

That's mean. But I shrug away all thoughts of it as I hear the door bell ring downstairs. Here I go...

...