37. Encouragement

Ow. Can that pounding in my head please quiet down? I'm trying to sleep here.

I woke up groaning with a nasty migraine, probably because of all the alcohol I consumed yesterday. The sun seeped in through my windows where the curtains hadn't been drawn and I slowly sat up against my headboard in a grimace, holding onto my head like it would fix the thumping.

What the fuck happened last night?

I thought back to when I first entered the party. I remember drinking and drinking and drinking... I remember the burn in my throat after every swig and my mind finally feeling blank. Everything after the drinking with Kharis and Carly felt foggy.

I looked down at my body, finding his sweater on me and not the uncomfortable tight top or jeans. So I was at least in the right mindset to change myself. Or did someone else do it? 

I was trying to piece together the memories but the constant pounding in my head was distracting and I knew I needed medicine stat.

The slam of my bedroom door didn't help it.

"Wakey wakey! I brought breakfast!" I groaned as the throbbing increased and a very enthusiastic red head came bounding in.

"Shh, you're at a level ten right now and I need you at a one. My head is killing me."

She sat at the end of my bed with a smile and held up a brown paper bag. "I've got just the cure!"

She dug around in the bag, pulling things out one at a time. "First, Advil," I snatched the bottle right out of her hand as soon as she showed it. "And then I got you a carrot ginger juice thing because I heard it helps hangovers. And finally! A scrumptious blueberry muffin fresh from Mirabella's."

I thanked her as she passed over the bag and I got started on the delicious pastry good. "How are you not tired or hungover?"

Carly shrugged, "I didn't drink as much as you and I have a bigger tolerance. You were drinking that vodka like it was water girl! And then when you got up on the table to dance-"

I almost choked on my muffin. "What? I danced on the fucking table?!" I vaguely remember shaking my hips but definitely not in front of a crowd as Carly described.

"I'm sorry that I called him... I didn't know what to do! You were uncontrollable and he was the only one who could help in that moment, please forgive me."

I set the juice to the side as I squinted at her in confusion. "What do you mean by him? What are you talking about?"

She backtracked. "Oh nothing, never mind. Let's not think about that. What about-"

"Carly! What do you mean by him?" I repeated my question, louder this time.

"You don't remember, do you? I had to call... Parker. He saved you last night. He got you off the table, took you home and must've tucked you in because I got a text from him late saying you were safe. I don't know what I would've done without him last night, Paige."

Parker.

Parker!

I searched my brain hard for the memories of those moments and all that came to the surface were vague recollections of a guy giving me a piggy back ride up the stairs and someone saying goodnight.

"Say something." I looked up at Carly's worried expression.

"I-I'm just thinking. I just... need a moment to process things."

"Yeah yeah, of course!" She climbed off of my comforter. "I'll give you some space. Just know I'm here for you and just a phone call away." I smiled at her as she gave me a quick hug before leaving my room in a flash.