23. Mayhem

It had now been a few weeks since the 4th of July. Senior year was staring up in less than three weeks and I couldn't feel more nervous and excited about it.

Parker and I have been going good. We've been out together on different dates and just out with a group of friends. A week after the 4th, I met Marcus who turned out to be a sweetheart with a player side. The three of us decided to go to an arcade that was in the town center, cozily squished between a vape store and a 7/11.

Four hours and over a hundred dollars worth of quarters down the drain on rigged machines, we left with two key chains and a pack of gum. Heading over to a McDonalds, we spent the rest of our money on chicken nuggets. A fun day out quickly lead to a simple friendship with Marcus which Parker was beaming at.

He's still too cute to handle.

Carly and Kharis have also taken it upon themselves to harass Parker. Their collective two brain cells decided that they had to have a day out with us once they found out about Marcus, Parker and I's trip.

We ended up at the mall and went in and out of clothing stores for hours, everyone taking turns to choose an outfit for each other. While in Forever 21, Carly had managed to get Parker into a big, fluffy pink coat and pink sunglasses. He strutted up and down the different aisles, posing at each end; once he made his way back to where we were, he blew me a kiss before bursting into laughter. Kharis kneeled over at it while Carly was on her knees on the floor, laughing her ass off. We ended up back at my place, eating ice-cream and watching movies.

Now, we were getting ready to go out as a whole group. I had thrown on one of Parker's t-shirts that he left after a day at the lake a few days ago and my black jeans rolled up at the cuffs. My thick hair was contained in a low ponytail, but the flyaways still surrounded my face. I put on my converse and and grabbed my crossbody bag before heading down stairs to meet Carly outside my house.

"Bye Mom, I'll be back later!"

"Okay sweetheart! Remember curfew's at midnight! I love you!" She called back to me from her seat on the sofa, cozied up in her new romance book.

"Love you too!"

I opened the door and walked to the end of the driveway. In the distance, a blur of red was travelling towards my house. The car came to a stop as it pulled up next to me, then the window rolled down and I was met with Carly's grinning face.

"Well hello there hotshot, didn't know you wear a men's size medium."

I rolled my eyes and opened the door, sliding into the passenger seat.

Carly had sunglasses over her face but a perfectly arched brow could easily be seen over them. She had two dutch braids in her hair laying neatly down her back and a few bobby pins to keep loose hairs out of her face. Her outfit consisted of an emerald green tank top and some loose cotton shorts. A pair of white vans and a white sweater on her lap. Her acrylic nails tapped against the wheel.

"Hello there Carly. Looking good."

She chuckled before putting her foot down on the gas, heading to Mirabelles.

...

Once we entered the cafe, I quickly found my boyfriend sitting in a nearby booth across from his best friend.

"Hey." I smiled, sliding in next to Parker. He mirrored my expression, pecking me on the cheek. "Hey, baby."

"Gross," Carly said, sitting down next to a smirking Marcus. He looked over at her.