Vote

Published on March 12th, 2019.

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment; and will die here like rotten cabbages. The rest of you have gone over to the side of our keepers. Which is which? How many of each? Who's standing beside you now? I intend to discover who are the prisoners, and who are the warders." - Number 6. The Prisoner; episode 4; 'Free For All.'

07.50 Today Parliament is due to vote - yet again - on the same essentially unchanged 'colony' EU Withdrawal Agreement they so emphatically rejected by 230 votes in January. But then vote, vote, and vote again until you deliver the 'correct' result is Brussels' modus operandi.

The news this morning is full of Theresa May's last minute dash to Strasbourg to secure 'legally binding' changes to the exit treaty which supposedly should placate enough of the turncoat traitors for it to pass, but I doubt it. We'll know if that is the case by this evening, and I'll update this entry as we go.

19.30. Despite 81 MPs wimping out, May's subject surrender was defeated 242 - 391, a majority of 149. In normal times that would have meant the resignation of the Prime Minister and the collapse of the government; but not now. Instead Mrs Misery intends to go on as previously promised, holding further votes tomorrow and the day after. The zombie leader continues to shuffle on; and even though defeated twice now, I don't think we've seen the last of her  'agreement'. Like its moribund author, this abomination will rise from the dead again and again until someone finally cuts its head off with one clean slice. Is there anyone in the Tory party with courage to do so? Frankly I doubt it.