Someone Told Me Monday...

Published on April 12th, 2019.

Someone told me Monday, someone told me Saturday,
Wait until tomorrow and there's still no way.
Read it in a book or write it in a letter,
Wake up in the morning and there's still no guarantee... - King's Cross, by The Pet Shop Boys.

 - King's Cross, by The Pet Shop Boys

I've been hurt and we've been had... Indeed we have; another would have been - should have been Exit Day is here, but we won't be leaving today. Instead in this new world of arbitrarily amended Acts of Parliament, standing down or suspension of the emergency No Deal preparations, and deadlines which aren't  our next dates to watch are April the 22nd, (providing the Withdrawal Agreement is passed before then.) June the 30th, (Where the EU will assess our progress toward getting the immutable Withdrawal Agreement passed, and threatens to expel us if the UK has not participated in the EU elections.) or a 'flextention' up until October the 31st, or Never... It takes more than a matter of time...

We appear trapped in the political equivalent of Groundhog Day; doomed to repeat the same actions ad-infinitum, and no doubt this is the blatant strategy of the traitorous leadership in the UK and EU, to wear down by attrition the public will. So what, if anything can change in the six months until Halloween?

A change of Prime Minister? Unlikely in the short to medium term. Theresa May holds her post by virtue of the fact the Queen appointed her to it: There is no mechanism for removing the Prime Minister from office except their choosing to resign so we're stuck with her for the foreseeable... Any attempt to challenge her again won't come until after the May local and European elections in order not to sully a successor with the expected bad results, and in any case the Conservative Party constitution would need to be ammended for another leadership contest to happen before December.

Or perhaps the cross-party betrayal will come to pass? This is more likely, but as yet there are no signs beyond conciliatory noises of anything being agreed; this is most likely due to the fact that May sees any talks as merely a vehicle to sugar coat her 'deal', her obdurate My Way Or The Highway negotiating strategy being ingrained in her very being. In any case Jeremy Corbyn must have had plenty of negative feedback from the constituency parties about how badly his facilitation of Theresa May is being perceived by Labour voters, so his room for manoeuvre is limited.

Could Parliament 'take control’ by writing a new Withdrawal Agreement, or revoking the Article 50 declaration? Based on their record to date, no. And any such move will run aground on the intransigence of the EU who insist the only way out is through their set in stone Withdrawal Agreement. Which leaves...

Holding a General Election? For both the Tory and Labour parties that would be a jump out of the frying pan into the fire. The Tories in particular have severe problems with their wealthy donors refusing to fund their ineptitude any further. Given the  loses the party is expected to sustain were an election to be held, and the very best result they could hope for being a variation of the hung parliament there is at present, few MPs are going to vote themselves out of office.

So the nation remains divided, and the populaces' frustration increases, but not yet to the point where it erupts in civil unrest; not yet... More humiliation, more uncertainty lies ahead of us, and there's still no guarantee... The only thing of which we can be  sure of is that we'll still be facing this real life nightmare at Halloween.