Chapter 13 - part 2

A/N: Since the last chapter was so short I decided to make this also apart of chapter 13. Don't forget to comment and like the story! Enjoy my lovelies ;)

- your favorite author

"Archdruid Sarah?" Arthur called out as he approached the older woman who had been tending to a nearby garden.

"Arthur," Sarah said, standing to greet him, "I would have thought you would have been on your way back to Camelot already. Come to say goodbye?"

"Not quite," Arthur said, glancing around at the other druids who paid no mind to the pair. "Could we speak, privately?"

"Whatever for?"

"Please." The urgency in his tone made Sarah's face grow stoic as she gestured him to follow her. She led him away from the milling people and over to a secluded grove where only a few children were gathered admiring the flowers.

"Children," Sarah called out to them. The children turned around and in seeing Sarah and Arthur's stern faces they promptly stood to bow once. Laughing playfully they skipped out of the gardens leaving Arthur and Sarah alone.

"What is it," Sarah asked Arthur now that they were alone.

"Emrys," Arthur said making Sarah's eyes widen in shock.

"How do you know that name," She asked carefully.

"He, or at least I had originally thought, is an old man who came to Camelot many months ago. He is a sorcerer, they say the most powerful to have ever walked the earth."

"This is true," Sarah confirmed, "But why did you say you originally thought.

"Because Emrys is not an old man, is he," Arthur demanded.

"Why would you think me privy to this knowledge? It is not as if I have ever met the man," Sarah asked him though Arthur could tell she was lying through her teeth. "Just because we are both magical kin does not mean I must know him."

"No," Arthur agreed, "But you an I do know him. In fact, I'm willing to bet he is here in this very camp."

"Why do you say that," Sarah asked, her cool features slipping away as terror seeped onto her face.

"Because Emrys is Merlin," Arthur spat out, "Isn't he?"

"I-I-"

"Yes, I know," Arthur said with a false laugh.

"How," Was all Sarah could manage.

"Good question isn't it," Arthur feigned thought, "Oh, you mean how did I find out. Well, that's beside the point, the point is I know... and I want some answers."

Sarah gulped, "What is it that you want to know?"

"For starters," Arthur said, "Who is he?"

Sarah scrunched her face up in confusion, "You know-"

"No, clearly I don't," Arthur yelled, "So tell me. Tell me how my lying stinking servant is somehow the most powerful sorcerer to have ever walked the planet!"

Arthur had thought he was fine with it. When he had been looking at Merlin with his big ears and worried eyes Arthur had only been able to see Merlin, his Merlin. Now that he was alone with only Sarah, however; things were different. Arthur was not okay, not even a little bit. He was angry and hurt and confused.

Yes, he may have been wrong to start yelling at Sarah especially when it was Merlin who he was mad at but Arthur didn't care. He was just so conflicted. He just wished he had never found out about Merlin in the first place. He wished he had never met Merlin at all.