Chapter fourteen: Shield

The vampires that the family were sending were all won over by Renesmee's story And our plan for the Volturie. All would witness for us.

We were all outside since it was sunny so we wanted to get fresh air. Also out because I was worried since Bruno was the only full human here...for the next few days.

We had decided to wait until after Christmas so we can spend it with his family.

Bruno and Renesmee was playing a game of tag along with Tanya. Probably to keep her occupied, we didn't want her to think too much on what was going on.

A car pulled up and four vampires got out.

I walked towards them and one steps forward with a smile.

"I am Benjamin and this is tia and my creator Amun. Carlisle sent us to help you against the Volturie"he says

I smiled. "I'm Bella"

"Can I meet the little one. I'm very fascinated by this creature that Carlisle spoken so fond of", he says

I nodded and motioned them to follow me. We walked towards the trio who were having a great time playing.

"Bruno", I say

He looks up and smirks. He takes Renesmee's hand and we walked up to them.

Once Renesmee has shown Benjamin what she is, he gently takes her hand and puts his own hand over it before making dirt rise up from her hand and spin round above it.

"Benjamin can influence the elements," Edward tells me.

"And here I get a shield," I say.

There's the sudden sound of bird call, and somebody is running through the woods so we prepare ourselves. I stepped besides Bruno just in case something happens.

Two woman appear, both dressed in traditional tribal attire.

"Who are they?" I ask.

"Senna and Zafrina," Edward says. "From the Amazon."

They just stand there so I go over to Renesmee and hold out my hand before leading her over to them.

As more days rolled on, more and more vampires arrived. Each of them were won over. Carlisle convinced his Irish friends to make the journey here. Although we were grateful for all their help, their thirst for human blood complicated the situation. The nomads Rosalie and Emmett sent were even more unpredictable. Especially Peter who had fought alongside Jasper as a newborn.

It was getting more and more stressful because Bruno and Renesmee But they all agreed not to harm neither one of them...in fact we made all of them take an oath for it.

As more vampires set foot in their territory, more Quileutes turned. Their nature compelling them to join the pack. Jacob would leave from time totime just to help Sam train them and school them on how things should run.

Finally, Carlisle and Esme returned with our last witness.

"How many came?" Carlisle asks.

"Eighteen vampires," Bruno says. "You have some good friends."

"And Alice?" Esme asks.

I shake my head so she hugs me.

"Well, we'll all be on Aro's list now," the latest witness says. "Centuries on the run. That's what you've brought me. Some friend, Carlisle."

"Alistair, come meet everyone," Carlisle sniggers.

"I already told you, if it comes to a fight, I won't stand against the Volturi."

"It won't come to a fight," Carlisle assures him.

"I'll be in the attic."

He jumps up onto the roof, looks at us again and then walks out of sight.

"He's not a people person," Esme says.

We had opened our home to 18 vampires, many with gifts of their own. Zafrina had power over the mind. She could make anyone see what she wanted them to.

We're standing in the garden; Zafrina is standing a few feet away with her sister staring at her. Bruno is standing beside me, holding my hand. Wanting to experience her gift since Carlisle had informed him some talents can work on humans.

He's looking around with fascination but I don't see anything interesting.

"If she weren't holding my hand right now, I could swear this was real," he says.

"I don't see anything," I say.

Eleazar comes from the trees shaking his head in frustration

"God,You have a very powerful gift," Eleazar says.

Somebody grabs my hand and I turn to see Kate using her electricity power on me.

"Oh, yeah, she's a shield, alright. Shoulda put her on her ass."

She releases her hand and I smirk.

"Or your voltage has been exaggerated," Garrett says.

We all look at him.

"Maybe it only works on the weak," Kate says, holding up her palm.

She wriggles her fingers so Garrett holds out a finger and edges towards her.

"Garrett, I wouldn't," Carlisle warns.

He only touches her hand for a second but it's enough to bring him to his knees. Both Bruno and I laugh.

"You are an amazing woman," he says once he's recovered.

We suddenly hear more running through the woods and but we aren't expecting anyone so we get ready to fight if necessary. I hear the wolves snarling and realise whoever it is is being chased by them so we hurry off to intercept.

We find two vampires sitting on a rock, high enough up so Jake and the new wolves couldn't get them

"Vladimir, Stefan," Carlisle addresses them. "You're a long way from home."

"What are they doing here?" Kate asks.

I get the feeling they aren't welcome.

"We heard the Volturi were moving against you," the blonde one says. "But that you would not stand alone."

"That's Vladimir," Edward informs me. "The other is Stefan."

"We didn't do what we were accused of," Carlisle says.

"We do not care what you did, Carlisle," Vladimir says.

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged," Stefan says.

"It's not our plan to fight the Volturi," Carlisle says.

"Shame," Vladimir says. "Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed."

"They enjoy a good fight," Stefan says before they both chuckle.

"Aro's witnesses?" Eleazar asks, stepping closer to Carlisle.

"Aww," Vladimir says. "Still hoping they'll listen?"

I looked at Bruno with fear and he hugged my shoulder in comfort.