Chapter twenty one: Excuse

Bruno then wraps his arm around me pulling me closer, Aro notices and looks at him.

"I'm not going to harm you're Mate...actually will you do me the honors", he says and held his hand out to him

Bruno looks at me before holding his hand out towards him, Aro takes it and gasped.

Everything was his now....every touch, every kiss, every moment between Bruno and I. Everything Bruno has ever thought was Aros now.

"Mhmm, such a strong bond you and her...stronger than I've ever known", he says

He looks at Renesmee before he laughs in a strange way and points at her.

"I hear her strange heart."

Renesmee looks up at me so I reluctantly encourage her hand out but she shyly doesn't. Aro holds out his hand but Renesmee holds her hand up and puts it in his cheek. Jake growls.

I watch Aro's reaction with interest.

"Magnifico!" he says before his expression changes to one less of joy and more of seriousness. "Half mortal..."

I pulled her back away from him.

"Half immortal," Aro continues. "Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human."

"Impossible!" Caius protests.

"Do you think they fooled me, brother?" Aro turns and asks.

As he walks towards Caius, the five of us walk back across the clearing quickly but Jake growls a warning at them beforehand.

"Bring the informer forward," Caius commands.

I hear footsteps but I continue without turning.

"Is that the child you saw?" Caius asks.

We stop and turn, now back in our original positions.

"I'm not sure," Irina says.

"Jane," Caius says.

"she's changed. This child is bigger."

"Then your allegations are false," Caius says.

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake."

She looks at her sisters with anguish then at me and Bruno.

"I'm sorry."

Demetri lights up a torch.

"Caius, no," Edward shouts but Irina is beheaded.

Tanya and Kate scream for their sister before they run to her aid.

Caius sets her body alight.

The others try and intercept the two Denali sisters so I put Renesmee onto Jake's back.

Kate sends her voltage through anyone who tries to stop her but Garrett grabs her and wraps his arms round her despite her trying to electrocute him. Edward and Eleazar manage to stop Tanya.

"Blind them," Bruno orders Zafrina.

"Give me my sight back," Tanya demands.

Edward stands in front of her.

"Tanya, this is what they want. If you attack now, we'll all die."

He looks at Zafrina who returns their sight.

Bruno turns and starts towards Aro who looks at Jane. My love drops to his knees so I really concentrate on my shield and pushed to far that it surrounded everyone on out side.

I smile and Aro looks intrigued, especially when Bruno stands despite Jane still using her ability.

Bruno looks at me and smiles as he comes back towards me and takes my hand.

Jane looks around but seems I'm shielding everyone.

"It's working," He says.

Jane and I make eye contact and I just scoffed with a smirk.She moves towards me but Alec stops her. The leaders look at each other with interest. I see Alec smirking and then a pitch black mist begins to leave his hands but Aro puts his hand up to stop him.

The wolves growl.

"Aro, you see there's no law broken here," Carlisle says at last.

"Agreed. But does it then follow that there is no danger?"

He walks a few steps towards us. What was he talking about now

"For the first time in our history, humans pose a threat..." He turns. "To our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us."

He glances over his shoulder at us.

"Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative."

He turns to his Guard.

"In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing..."

He turns and looks at Renesmee. So he did come here to start a fight, he didn't care about these witnesses or anything else.

"Of what this child will become."

He faces his followers again.

"Can we live in such uncertainty?"

He walks towards his followers.

"Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow."

This followers start chattering amongst themselves. When he gets to his brothers, he turns again to us. I looked at him ready to pounce but I Bruno had a good grip on me which was a good idea.

I then hear footsteps and turn to see Alice and Jasper coming across the field.

Aro gasps.

"Alice", I gasped

"Alice," Edward says.

"Alice!" Aro repeats.

Alice looks at the rest of us as she and Jasper approach Aro. They are intercepted by Demetri and some hooded Guards.

"My dear, dear Alice, we're so glad to see you here, after all," Aro says.

"I have evidence the halfling won't be a risk to our kind," Alice says.

She holds out her hand.

"Let me show you."

"Brother?" Caius asks.

Aro motions for Alice and she shoves the Guard out the way but they keep hold of Jasper as he struggles to be by his mate's side as she approaches Aro.

He takes her hand aggressively and growls as he watches.