Chapter sixteen: Away

It was now night time and I was reading Renesmee to sleep.

Just as the spiniest chestnut-burr

Is lined within with the finest fur,

So the stoney-walled, snow-roofed house

Of every squirrel and mole and mouse

Is lined with thistledown, sea-gull's feather,

Velvet mullein-leaf, heaped together

With balsam and juniper, dry and curled,

Sweeter than anything else in the world.

O what a warm and darksome nest

Where the wildest things are hidden to rest!

It's there that I'd love to lie and sleep,

Soft, soft, soft, and deep, deep, deep!

I stop when it looks like she's asleep so I close the book, turn out the light and go to get up.

"Mommy."

I looked down at her. She looks up at me sleepily.

"Did Aunty Alice and Uncle Jasper run away because we're in trouble?", she asked with a yawn

I shake my head. "No. I think they left to keep us safer. That's what all these other people are here for, too. I'll never let anybody hurt you."

She nods and I kiss her forehead and tucked her in some more before I leave the room.

I sit down on my bed  in the my room and take another look at Alice's note until Bruno comes in.

"It's strange," I begin. "I feel like I could demolish a tank. But I just feel drained, oh so I wish that I can sleep."

He puts his arm behind me and begins stroking my arm with his other hand.

"How about a bath?"

I smile a little for a moment before my expression turns serious again. He puts his forehead against the side of mine before he begins to unbutton my top.

I look at him.

"I do remember how to undress myself.", I say while biting my lip

He chuckles. "Yeah, I just do it so much better."

I rolled my eyes and turn away, looking at the note again.

"Bella."

I turn to him.

"I've had a bad habit of doubting you for some time."

Confusion appears on my face.

"Every obstacle you've faced, I'd think you couldn't overcome it. And you just did. You're the reason they have something to fight for. My family."

I gasped and pulled his face towards me and kissed him.

"I'm gonna get the water running," he says before he stands and leaves the room.

I rolled my eyes as I watch him go into our bathroom. I remember that the note is written on the back of a page from a book so I turn it over to remind myself which book Fifty Shades Freed. I then go to the shelf and locate the book before opening it to the remainder of the torn page. I turn it over and see, in Alice's handwriting: 'Colorado J. Jenks, Seattle – destroy this.'

Alice made sure only I would get the message because only my mind would be safe from Aro and Edward.

I snap the book shut and throw it into the fireplace that was burning before Bruno walked in and noticed it. I took my shirt off and entered the bathroom with him behind me.

The next day...

We were going to the airport to get on the plane to Colorado. Renesmee was in her car seat, Jacob was sitting in the back so he can take the car back to the house, and Bruno was in the passenger seat.

"Surprise you took a break from Jeti training", Jacob mumbles

I sighed. "We rather go see his family than them come see us...almost a dozen humans with a house full a vampires. Not so great", I sighed

"You said the to Edward", Bruno mumbles

I looked at him and he was on his phone ignoring my stare.

"I'm just glad to be out the house because Dracula 1 And 2?", Jacob begins

I looked at him in the mirror and begin to laugh.

"Yeah they are pretty freaky", I laughed.

I pulled up at the airport and parked the car, my eyes were now a dark amber so I didn't really have to wear my contacts anymore. We both put some sunglasses on and we got out the car. Jacob gets out and I handed him the keys while Bruno got the bags.

"make sure they don't wreck my house.... I don't want anyone but the family and the Denali's in there", I say

Jacob nods. We hug and he gets into the car, I go around and take Renesmee out, I take a blanket that she had and covered her face.

"Let's go", he says

I followed him into the airport and as expected a swarm of people were in front of us. Taking pictures, asking questions, we stopped only a few times so he can sign autographs, but after that we pushed through to our terminal.

Luckily we were going on a private plane so we boarded as soon as they said so.

We enter the plane and I strap Renesmee into her car seat. I'm happy that her growing was still slowing she still looks like a small two year old but give or take another week she'll look like a three year old.

"Daddy I'm hungry", she says

"You're gonna have to eat some actual food", he says as he takes out some fruit

She pouts and sighs.

"It's that or oatmeal", I say

She pouts and opens her mouth welcoming the fruit.

"So, you think the other kids will be okay with her there", I asks

"Yes, she'll be fine...as long as she doesn't use her gift or do anything that'll expose you two", he says

"I won't daddy", she says

"I think I'll hunt when you all are asleep...you know just as a precaution", I say

"So What are you gonna do about dinner?", he asks

"I mean Edward says I can eat human food, I'll just gonna throw it up later, and I'll probably do that just for dinner. I won't eat breakfast", I say

He nods.

"I'll take he haunting with me once. Cause we only have two days worth of blood and I do want her to have human food but at least have some elk, so she can get use to it", I say

He nods.

"So, will you teach me to hunt?", he asks

"Well...I'm still learning myself so Edward would be the best. I'm still a three month old", I laughed

"Eh, you're right

"I'm always right", I snickered