Chapter fifteen: Will you fight?

Carlisle and Esme both though it would be a good idea for all of our guests to go to their house since it was getting a bit crowded and because Renesmee hadn't been able to sleep for a few nights because of the noise to the point where I would sometimes take her to the meadow just for her to get a few hours of sleep. Bruno on the other hand would lock himself in his studio because it was sound proof.

So tonight we were in for a meeting at their house.

Renesmee was asleep in Edwards room safe and sound while we were here for the moment talking.

"When Aro wants someone from a coven," Eleazar begins. "It's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime."

"So he's done this before?" Bruno asks. And touches my knee

"It happens to rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazar says.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant," Carlisle says.

"This person always has an ability," Eleazar continues. "And they're always given a place with the Guard."

"This is all about Alice," Edward says. "He has no one like her."

"Which is why she left," I add.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmett asks.

"To spread the word that justice has been served," Alistair says. "After he slaughters an entire coven."

We all became silent.

"Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving," Amun says as he walks across the room.

"And where will you go?" Edward asks. "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's acquisition."

Bruno stands up. " If I'm seeing this right Aro just wants everyone who has a gift just to join him and kill the rest. To be honest everyone who has a gift isn't safe...neither is my daughter or my wife. Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live. I want to be able to live in peace so my daughter can grow up... so what say you?", Bruno says

"The packs will fight both here and the others that are on their way," Jake says, standing up. "We've never been afraid of vampires."

Bruno nods towards him.

"We will fight," Tanya says as all the Denali coven stand.

"This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule," Garrett says, stepping up.

"We'll join you," Benjamin says.

"No," Amun protests.

"I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please."

"We will stand with you," Senna says.

"So will we," Siobhan says as the Irish coven stand.

The others stand to order. I grabbed Bruno's hand and I stand up seeing I was the only one sitting.

"That didn't take much," Vladimir says to his brother

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Edward says I guess he was reading someone's mind

"We'll see," Alistair says as he leans in to Carlisle before walking out.

Bruno and I got Renesmee and made our journey home. Once we got home Bruno had put her to bed and I went to our room. I go to take a shower and stand under the water and let the hot water down my body.