A Disappearing Act

It was evening by the time they were out of the bathroom as they both headed into the kitchen for food.

"I'm sorry. I don't have anything besides instant ramen. Now that I think about it, I don't have anything for cats." The creature shook its head, dismissing Naruto's worries.

"I can eat human food. We can also go to the store tomorrow for basic cleaning supplies and collars. Don't worry about the money either, I have that covered." Naruto was very confused by what the cat meant with that last sentence but shrugged it off as he started heating up his ramen.

"Tomorrow I have to go to the academy. Can we go shopping when I come back?" The creature nodded its head as Naruto placed the ramen cups on the table.

The cat jumped onto the counter, tails swishing lightly. It dug in as Naruto sat down and ate his food too. The two quickly finished their meals.

Naruto yawned as he threw away the empty cups of ramen, picking up Ryoko and walking to his room. He placed the cat on his bed before heading to the bathroom to get ready for bed. After a few minutes, he came out of the bathroom in his pajamas and laid in bed.

Ryoko got up and successfully opened a window, a cool breeze blowing in its face.

The cat jumped into the night and decided to get to work on getting that money Naruto needed.

The cat still had exceptional pickpocketing and stealth skills, the Hokage thought as he stared at the odd creature through his crystal ball, smiling fondly as he remembered the memories of Ryoko in his team.

He wondered where it had gone all those years ago. Ryoko had been to Konoha before and had been there for a long time, staying beside many well-known people in the leaf, before suddenly disappearing from the village.

No one knew where she was for around ten years. The Hokage sighed, wondering where she went.

'Ryoko never leaves someone she's been passed down to, especially when they were ordered to stay by there side and keep them safe. She must've been kidnapped. That would explain why she stopped being around-'

"Lord Hokage, I have returned from my mission and I'm ready to give my report." A jonin spoke, interrupting the Hokage's thoughts.

He sighed before putting his crystal ball back in his desk and putting all his attention on the ninja.

Ryoko dashed back to the apartment, jumping through the window and landing gracefully on the wooden flooring.

She located Naruto's wallet, which just so happened to be a green frog pouch, and put the money in it, before trotting over to Naruto's bed and curling up near his feet.

She fell asleep instantly and dreamed happily about sweets.