First Real Mission

The brown cat in the lady's arms screamed as Naruto laughed, enjoying that the little monster was getting a face full of karma.

"Stupid cat! That kitty deserves to be squashed!" The blonde laughed maniacally until he was suddenly lifted off the ground by his jacket collar.

A large gust of hot air blew down on Naruto, ruffling his hair and clothes. The blonde tensed, knowing exactly who was behind him.

"R-Ryo! I didn't mean- uh what I meant was-" He dropped to the ground, the large saber cat walking around the boy so he could see her.

'I know. I was just messing with you.' Ryoko spoke through the mind link, licking the blonde's cheek. He laughed nervously as made a mental note to himself to not anger the sabercat in the future.

"Now then..." The Hokage said, getting everyone's attention, "For squad seven's next mission, we have plenty of available tasks. Among them we have babysitting the chief councilor's three year old, helping his wife do the shopping, digging up potatoes-"

"Nooooooo! I wanna go on a real mission! Something challenging and exciting, not this little kid stuff! Come on old man" Naruto yelled, crossing his arms to look like an "x".

'He's got a point.' Sasuke agreed with Naruto in his head, but most likely wasn't going to admit that out loud.

'Man....he's a pain!' Ryoko rolled her eyes at that thought.

'Sigh... I knew this was coming.' The cat snickered that Kakashi's thought, as the man sweatdropped at his student.

"Naruto! How dare you! You're just a brand new genin with no real experience, like everyone else, you start with simple missions to develop your skills to improve yourself!" Iruka slammed his hands on the table, standing up as he scolding Naruto.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?! BABYSITTING IS NOT A REAL MISSION! IT'S JUST A STUPID- Gah!" Kakashi hit Naruto over the head, causing the boy to faceplant the ground.

"Would you put a lid on it?" He said quite bored.

"Naruto! It seems you do not understand the tasks you've been given-" The Hokage said but was cut off by Ryoko.

"Lord Hokage, I think Naruto is right," The cat spoke calmly, surprising everyone at first. "He has done over 25 of these pitiful chores you call missions and the only experience he's gaining from them is how to garden, go grocery shopping, or watch over a toddler. He's not gaining any experience for real ninja missions, because you refuse to give him one."

She walked over to the desk, laying her head down on it and looking up at the Hokage with pleading eyes. Her "kitty eyes" taking effect on the old man. (Puppy eyes? Kitty eyes? Get it? SHe's a cAT)

"Give him an escort mission, Lord Hokage. It's good experience and there's a low probability he'll get hurt. Besides, he has his team and a jonin who is more than capable of protecting him from wolves or thieves. Please, Hiruzen?"

The old man sighed, not being able to resist Ryoko's cuteness and reasonable request. His eyes moved from the cat to a scroll labeled "c" on his desk, picking it up and scanning over it to find a good escort mission.

Naruto ran up to his best friend and glomped her in a hug, shouting "thank you" repeatedly.