Chapter 1: Part 1

I am so excited for today's biology class Ray. You saw how yesterday's class was amazing right,"  I tell my best friend Ray.
"What a nerd ", says Ray. " I mean can you really blame me. I've been so in love with school, everything is just exciting from the lessons to the teachers it's just so cool", I defended.

" What did you say your mom and dad do again?" Ray asked

"What do you mean do? They do a lot of stuff how am I supposed to know? " I say that blushing knowing that Ray caught the double meaning in the sentence.

"Coming from the nerd it's quite a surprise huh , but anyways what I meant is what do they do...for a living " he said chuckling.

" Dude that's like the tenth time you are asking me that question, do you like have amnesia or something? To answer your question I already told you my mom is a Lawyer and my dad is a scientist. I hope this is the last time you ask me that" I deadpan.
"Chill I was just kidding, I mean I might have forgotten but it's no big deal is it ?" he asks smirking to himself.

Our conversation I was cut short when the warning bell rang. The hallway was full of students as they scrambled finding their way to their classes me included. Uh huh typical STARVIEW HIGHSCHOOL I wondered to myself as I entered my math class. I was the first in class as usual and I took a seat at the front. Typical nerd what can I say. The class filled out pretty fast and we started off with some trigonometric calculations, my favorite might I add.

Classes flew by fast and I was already headed for lunch with Ray one of my friends, I mean my best friend...Okay let me be honest my only friend. It's so hard to make friends here in Starview especially if you are a nerd , you are automatically classified as no zone so when I met Ray it's been actually fun hanging with him.
Once in the cafeteria we bought lunch and headed for our table at the very corner of the room where practically nobody notices you to avoid what I like to call highschool drama.

There are specific tables for specific classes but it's not like anyone arranged that, it all kinda happened..like the saying birds of the same feather flock together. One of the biggest tables in the room is for jocks and cheerleaders and what they called Rich kids, others for different kinds of people like us the 'nerds' as they call us.
I am practically one of the richest in school but I wear spects and I happen to complete my homework so you can't classify me in their category. It's insane right?

" Hey Nate, what's with the look", Ray inquires minutes later.
"Nothing", I quickly reply more to Ray's suspicion.
"Nathaniel Adams, you seriously think you can lie to me in broad daylight?" he asks chuckling to himself.

God this guy knows me pretty well I think to myself

"Ok ok fine I was just wondering how people would classify us not cool just because we complete our homework, and we wear spects, and we are our teachers favorites, and we get good grades I mean who doesn't want to pass and ..and..and we have never been on detention and ..and ..' I ramble infuriated."and we don't have girlfriends is that what you were about to say?" Ray holds back a laughter as he finishes my statement.

" You can manage to laugh , dude what is funny with what I just said?" I ask as Ray covers his laughter with a cough.
" On a serious note bro , we might not be having girlfriends which we don't ,"he smirks as he says that" and all that stuff so what ? Who cares what they think. This is actually our final year then we will be off to college. You are never going to see them again so what if they think we aren't cool? Just look at Archie being the schools Quarterback and bad boy might I add ,he has practically slept with the whole female population is that what cool is to you? That's not all  there isto life. Just because he has six pacs and blue eyes and he's gorgeous so what?
Or better even look at Zoe she might be a cheerleader but look at the makeup she wears everyday, she might not know it but she looks like a bimbo...she dresses like a harlot that is definitely not your definition of cool. Always look on the other side of things bro. The other side ", he emphasizes looking into the air as if I am supposed to see something.

" Thanks bro that was cool, I didn't know you had a lecture in your head waiting for me to ask a question then you go all professor on me" I tell Ray chuckling to myself.

"Dude seriously?" he whines making him sound like a stubborn child.

"Chill I was just kidding or did I bruise your ego" I ask him.
Lunch passed quick and just like that my my day became better.

I learned to look at things in a different light.

Vote. Comment. Tell me what you think.

I edited this chapter.

Enjoy!

Dedicated to _breeOnAa