Chapter 11

Guys if you can make good book covers or you know someone who can , let's try and make one for our beautiful story shall we.

This chapter is going to be all Nate's point of view. Enjoy and don't forget to tell me what you think.

Like. Vote. Love you my wonderful readers.

Wow!

Just wow!

How did things turn from, ' I feel like I can talk to you about anything' to ' there is no us' that fast?

All my life, I have never so desperately begged for anything. I knew my worth. Or maybe I didn't treasure something so much to that extent. The one time I really sincerely decide to, well we all know how that went!

Just great!

"What did you except boy child?" I scolded myself.
"What? You thought you were going to be all buddy buddy with her? Unbelievable!"

I hated to admit it, but that's what happens when you lay yourself bare out there.

I had a version of Ryn, I created myself in my head. With her, the conversation would have gone totally different.

'Maybe it is for the better, like she said' I tried to convince myself.

That Saturday, even the weather seemed to be in sync with my mood. Thick black clouds hung in space threatening to come down with a strange viciousness. It was unusual in Alabama to rain at that time of day. In the morning, there had been good promise of sunshine. Now there's rain, heavy rain.

I smiled a vague indifferent smile.

Nature at times stoops low to the extent of centering with mere mortals. I longed and yearned for something I could never have. Maybe its time I start living life. Maybe missing something we so badly want is exactly what we need to see things in a different point of view.

Maybe it is this push that I  needed.

"My boy, you've been awfully quiet today. Is anything the matter?" My mom questioned concerned.

"Usually, you'd be excited because it the weekend, but today, I don't know what's happening. Did you fight with Raymond?" She asked.

" No mom, Ray and I, we're okay. I'm just not feeling it today! " I lied, sort of.

"I would say its about a girl, but I have never heard you talk about one, let alone bring one home."

I hated lying to her. " I just failed a test that's all. And the teacher won't allow me to redo it, I'm just frustrated. "

"Ooh my boy, You study too hard. I think today you should just relax. You can just sleep the day in, don't worry about the test. We've all failed something we are good at sometime in our  lives. Besides, I'm sure you'll ace all the coming ones." She proudly stated.

My mom has a way of making someone feel better, even in their darkest moments.

"Did you just say ace?" I inquired giggling.

"Yeah and?" She chuckled.

"Never mind. How are you and dad? You guys still getting a divorce? Where is he anyway?" Question after question just followed the other.

We were at the living room watching one of my mom's favorite shows. Females with crappy romance, I'll never understand. Considering I do not have a love life, I think I'm allowed to complain.

"Your father,  he, went out. I don't know where, he didn't say."

"Whatever you guys decide to do, if you separate, if you divorce, just know mom, I'll always be here for you. Remember our motto?"

"Aluta continua," she reminisced.

"Exactly mom, the struggle continues. We're not giving up on life just because a certain somebody decided to give up on us. We fight, for as much as we can, for as long as we can." The point cut across all aspects of my life and I felt that.

The rest of the day just involved me playing video games with Ray and food.

Video game, food. Movie, food. A little chat, food. Just the usual stuff. Except it was done in a sombre mood. If Ray noticed, he didn't say a word, and I was so grateful for that.

The weekend passed by so quick, much to my annoyance.

" Usually you are the one complaining of how late I am, and now you're still in bed? What a hypocrite. " Ray whined at the side of my bed.

I buried myself deeper in the blankets. My sweet duvets. I didn't feel like waking up.

"Why do we have to go to school today?" I complained when he uncovered my body from the duvets." I have an idea Ray, let's skip school today, let's call sick."

"Haha, nice try. Now get your lazy bones out of bed you idiot."

"You're such a boring friend."

Ray had to drag me to the bathroom before I finally resigned that there was no skipping school for me today. We were on our way to school, the ride was so quiet, the silence was almost tangible.

"You've not said a word since we left home." Ray noted.

"That's what happens when you drag a dying man to school against their will." I chimed.

"You're not dying. Neither are you a man, yet." He said chuckling. " Now what's the matter? I have been trying to keep quiet and wait for you to finally say something since Saturday but now my patience is worn off. What's wrong? I'm your best friend. You know you can tell me anything. " he coaxed.

"Nothing." Ray sighed.

" We used to talk to each other Nate, about everything. Now I feel like I'm losing you. I swear I don't know you these days. "

"We don't swear remember?"

"That's it? That's all you got from my whole conversation? O Come on, that's so low, even for you, Nathaniel." He usually called me that when he was angry. Now is one of those moments.

" You just keep pushing me away like this, I will not linger forever."

I panicked. I can't keep losing everyone I care about. First my dad, then Ryn, now Ray! No I won't allow it.

I grabbed his hand as he was about to alight the car and go to class.

" I will tell you."

Then I explained everything to him.

"You have to promise, you can't tell anyone about this. I gave her my word." I reminded him.

"Even after everything you are still concerned about her welfare." He asked shell shocked.

"A promise is a promise Ray. I gave her my word, I'm not about to break it just because we're no longer friends. In fact, we weren't friends in the first place."

" Alright no more mopping around. I have just the perfect thing to lighten your mood. Lunch time, meet me at the Music chamber.

I smiled. Another one of my escapes. Music.

It soothes the sorrows and heals the wounds.

I thanked the heavens for Ray. Now is one of the times I'm so glad we're friends.

Edited. Enjoy!