Chapter 7

Part 1

" Do you want to invite the rest to Rider's tonight? Besides tomorrow is Sunday so we'll have all the time in the world to nurse our hangovers." Kate questioned out of the blue.

" The more the merrier right?!" I concluded.
" It's done."

" What is?".  I asked a little confused.
" They know , they're on their way to my place." Kate told me excitedly.

" Just a quick question...do you think Jack is mad at me?"

" Well obviously. Anyway since when do you care?"she blurted.

" Hey... I'm not that evil."

"Whatever."

After a quick shower and dressing, we were all ready by  eight. Jerry was wearing denim ripped jeans with a blue tight pull neck long sleeved Polo shirt. On the contrary his twin was wearing black from top to bottom. He looked rather dull. The girls on the other side looked stunning.

" Rider is waiting for us at the house. Y'all ready to leave?" I asked my voice dripping of enthusiasm.

"Aye aye captain." Maive answered.

The ride to Rider's place was quite exciting. There was banter here and there. Jack was on the wheel and I fortunately or unfortunately  happened to be on the passenger seat. He hadn't said a word since we left.

"Ever been to a college party?" I attempted small talk.

" If this is your idea of making me feel less hurt about yesterday ..just stop please. I think I prefer the silence better."

" Ok sorry. I guess I shouldn't have said that." I took my phone and texted Rider that we were almost there .

" Pullover that house over there." I said pointing at Rider's place  while smiling at something on my phone.

" I think I can tell a house with a party from the rest."

" I thought maybe you didn't.....

" You thought wrong." Jack interjected rather annoyed.

" What the hell is going on with you?"

" Like you don't know? But I bet you'd wanna know huh. Ok I'll tell you what the hell is going on with me. You....you is what is going on with me. You are so annoying as shit yet I can't get you out of my head. And I know you don't like me but can I help it? I wish you didn't even come here in the first place. Our lives were perfectly ok until you came along. I mean seriously? What's wrong with me ...is it my hair you don't like because I can dye it. Or maybe you don't like the color of my eyes..I can get contacts. Just tell me what it is that you don't like about me so I can know. Does my breath stink...am I cocky? "

" Goodness Jack, why would you even think that. There's nothing wrong with you ok? "

"Then what is it? Is there someone else?"

"What! No. Of course not." I hadn't even realized everyone else had been quiet . They were all eager to hear what I had to say next.

" Hey, there is nothing wrong with you. It's just a crush it'll pass. Besides I don't want you getting hurt. Any of you guys. I know we've known each other for just a few days but you're like family to me."

" Jack..." I said patting his shoulder. " I'm not the person you would want to like right now. I'm just way too complicated for you. You on the other hand are cute and so caring. I can't believe am saying this.. haha. My point is you know what happens when you play with fire.... I just don't want you getting burnt. I may not be Cupid's assistant but it's something I have learnt from experience. I hope you understand me as well. I'm really sorry"