Chapter 21

Dedicated to Jade_Writes_144

Ryn

"Is there a way that I can convince you otherwise? This is a suicide mission and you know it. Why do you always like putting yourself in harm's way!" Nate pleaded with me.

It was eight pm and I had a fight to win in an underground club I subscribed to a few days ago.

"This is who I am Nate. You knew that before we got together. I'm not changing into someone else because I'm with you now." I gave him an honest answer.

One of the many things that I  learnt in my life was to never change who I was just to accommodate someone else's fears and beliefs. If a person loves you, it shouldn't matter who you are or what you do because those are the things that make up a person.

"You know that's not what am asking of you. I understand who you are and am perfectly fine with the whole package, but you're not doing this right! You are going to fight today because you're angry with all of us. This will end badly."

"I always fight when am angry. Its my means of keeping myself sane." I spat in his face.

For the past few days, I had been having bits and pieces of my memories back. At night I would wake up screaming and sweating. In the showers I would just zone out sometimes. What made me mad was the fact that everyone just kept quiet about my lost memories. No one dared to elaborate anything.

"Ryn, please come down." He begged.

" I don't understand you people sometimes. This whole keeping things away from me is what got me almost dead the first time, but you just had to do it again? Why?'' I didn't have the slightest clue why they would keep what happened between Donna Caleb and I a secret considering they had already spilled the beans before I lost my memories.

"The doctor said we should let you regain your memories by yourself. Forcing information on you would have made things worse. Besides you haven't fully recovered yet. Try to understand where we're coming from Ryn, please."

"Come on, you knew pretty well that this would be my reaction yet you still did it. You're my supposedly boyfriend, isn't it your sort of obligation to tell me these kinds of things? You were there when whatever Caleb said last time broke me, I almost died because the information was too much to take in."

"I'm sorry please understand that this is hard on both of us, not just you. Do you think I liked it that people  lied to you? Or that you almost died? Even so, it wasn't in my place to tell you anything. I was just a bystander here." 

I wanted to believe him, I really did. But I was hurt. People kept hiding things from me and it was screwing with my head. Last time, I found out about my mom and her boyfriend, then about Caleb and Donna. It was enough pain for me. I expected Nate to be the first person to help me out on these things.

I understood that it was too much a burden to him. To watch me in a hospital bed for almost a month. But I wanted to start a new page with him, one where secrets weren't involved.

"I get you Wellington. That is why I gotta let some steam off. Fighting and racing are the only outlets for me. I've never been so appreciative of you and am sorry for that. You've sacrificed so much for me, the least I can do is be grateful. I know how you feel about me fighting in this state, that's why you shouldn't come along if this is too much. Besides Mike's is going to be there. The guy is like a father to me, I'll be in good hands."

"You know, you surprise me everyday. You're so strong. You're truly an amazing woman. My woman. You remind me of my mom somehow. How you switch your roles is truly an art. I want you to know that, if we're going to start over then you have to forgive them all. You have new responsibilities now, the company is in your hands and a lot of other stuff including school. Be the girl that I've always known you to be. Kind, forgiving, humble and loving."

"Thank you Nate. You know I've already forgiven them. What remains now is to know if mom is remarrying Caleb's dad or not. Either way I have to be strong, for me and for us."

My father's death had taken a toll on me, but Nate was my pillar to lean on. With the secrets now out of the picture, I had plans to make my relationship with Nate last as long as it can.

But right now, I had a fight to attend.

"So, are you coming to watch my fight or not?" I asked Nate after settling everything down. He seemed cool and I was elated.

"I still think this is a terrible idea. But I wouldn't miss it for the world. Can Ray, Glenn and Neil come too because I know Kate and the group are coming."

"Sure, only if she can keep her hands to herself." I told him.

Was I jealous? Damn right I was.

Nate only chuckled and climbed on the bike. My helmet had now become his. He seemed to be enjoying my bike more and more. I always looked forward to his arms wound around me. He was no longer afraid.

"I see you ain't afraid nowadays." I asked with a smirk as I revved my bike to life.

"With you? No, never." His answer made me feel giddy and I tensed.

These feelings were all new to me. I didn't feel like this, even with Caleb. He always made me feel special and I loved him more everyday.

You're going to be the death of me Nathaniel.

After an hour of adrenaline rush and a few cuts and bruises later we were all ready to head back home. Kate had brought the group and they were all excited to see me fight. All through my fight, Nate had been in my mind constantly and would steal some glances whenever I could.

The club had been full to bursting with all kinds of people. These places were dangerous to any other person,  but with a reputation like mine, no one dared touch me or my friends. Mike was happy when he saw me and like always I won. I left my bike with Mike who promised to bring it back to me and Nate and I got a ride with Glenn.

"Are you okay?" Ray asked looking somewhat flustered.

"Never better." I sing sang. Nate was sitting by my side and I leaned on him.

Ray drive us back home and everyone congratulated me on my win. I was glad that now everyone knew about my fighting and so far everyone was okay with it. I was planning in registering myself for a few races because it been long since I last did it.

Hey guys, keep voting and commenting. Sorry if the chapter is a lil bit short and not very appealing. Actually I wasn't planning on updating today but I did anyway but I promise you the next ones are going to be supper amazing. Just a reminder, check on my other books Loving Ms Billionaire and Azure.

I'd like to hear what you  think about how the story is proceeding.

To all my  beautiful ghost readers, it doesn't take much to click the vote button. I edited the chapter. Enjoy!

Love you.

~~~~6284~~~~