Part 2

This book made it to #6- boxing today. Thank you all for the amazing support.

Dedicated to Esthermwingamnyazi22

Ryn.

My life was a wreck. A total cluster fuck of a wreck. When I thought one huddle was over, another just had to replace it.

Right now what hurt most was how I found that out my mother, my sister and my so called boyfriend ganged up on me to make my life miserable. As if it wasn't miserable enough already.

All this while I thought I knew them, but now I realized the much of a stranger I was to them.

How could they do this to me.

I couldn't think straight. My head was in a limbo. My heartbeat accelerated to the point where I was fully convinced it would burst into flames. I still couldn't believe that the people that I found worthy of my trust and love would turn against me in such a manner.

Donna and I were never that close, but we never fought. Not when it could be avoided. From what transpired, I'd rather we fought than what she did. She took my kindness for granted and went ahead to stab me in the back.

What did I do to deserve this from my own family? Why was everyone treating me like this?

I couldn't stop the tears that involuntarily escaped from my eyes. The world was really putting me in an unendurable torture. Sometimes I thought I was just a vessel for pain and incoherent suffering.

Why else would I be the only one going through this kind of pain?

It wasn't even normal for teenagers my age to go through what I was going through. My time with Nate yesterday night only made me forget for a few hours but the pain was still there. Now that we were apart again, the wounds felt raw and I sobbed into oblivion as I locked myself in my room. The pang of pain in my chest was killing me and I felt like a heavy lump had been stuck in my throat.

I tried to sleep so I could block the entire world from my existence but even nature had dimmed my survival chances. Donna was in her room since she came back from college for a break. I lay on my bed and tugged the covers of the duvet to encase my entire body.

No matter how hard I tried to forget, the picture would still be clear in my head. Whenever I closed my eyes I saw their betrayal through my hooded vision. The pillow was by now drenched in my tears. I have never cried this much my entire life.

I decided to go back to Nate's favorite place to clear my mind and decide what to do next. I wasn't one to make irrational decisions and I wasn't going to let my pain and hatred and disappointment cloud my judgment. Before I went downstairs, I made my mind to approach Donna and ask about her side of the story. Nate always thought it was best to hear everything from everyone involved before making a decision and I thought he was really brilliant.

I knocked on her door and she answered on the third knock.

" I was expecting your visit. Let's get this over with shall we?" She proceeded to let the door wide open and I invited myself in and took a seat at her bed.

" I know we don't get along, damn we don't even talk, but in case you've forgotten similar blood is coursing through our veins Donna. What have I ever done to you to deserve this?" The tears today were unstoppable. Whenever the topic came up, they would just flow uncontrollably.

" I didn't know it was you, I mean the girl he was seeing at the military base. I always assumed it was some Barbie girl he was wasting his time on because I was in college. He told me that he needed someone to take care of his needs when I was away in college but when I came back, we would always spend time together. I swear I didn't know. "  Her hand were shaking as she told me the story and I knew right away that she was lying.

"Are you kidding me right now? Even after finding out the truth you're still lying to my face? The way you were at it the other day just showed how much he adores you. He was oozing of affection, something he never showered me with and I was just stupid to see that he was two timing me. All those years Donna how could you?" It would have been better if Caleb was cheating on me for just the one month but he was cheating on me since the military school, with my sister.

People surely were that heartless. That's why everyday I would thank the heavens for giving me a person like Nate. He just was a light in my dark life.

"Alright fine. The first time I saw him I right away had a crush on him. It was three years ago before the two of you were a couple. You were still friends back then and you brought him over for Thanksgiving. I dismissed my feelings because I didn't want to get in the way of your friendship. When I found out that the two of you were together the following year, I regretted not having made the first move. I couldn't lose him completely...."

"Are  you even hearing yourself right now Donna?" I cut her off.  " So you decided to make a move when we started seeing each other?"

"Just shut up and listen. You wanted the truth, I am giving it to you right now. So what? You can't handle it?" She questioned furiously.

The nerve of that woman. How dare she talk to me like that! She wasn't even ashamed of what she did!

"So yeah, I made a move when you started seeing each other, like I said, I couldn't lose everything. I craved a piece of him, even when it meant seeing him behind your back. You were stupidly in love with him back then that you didn't see what he was doing. And we were always so careful not to get caught, guess that's the reason you never found out. Whenever we were together, he would whisper sweet nothings to me and we would laugh at your stupidity. Poor sister.

Things started changing when he began paying more attention to you and not me, so I did what had to be done."

"What do you mean by that?" At this moment tears had long dried up. My wells had nothing else to offer.

"Well I convinced dear loving mommy to talk to dad and make sure the two of you never see each other again."

"And that's when the two of them paid him a visit at the base, offered him money just so you could make sure your plan worked? Isn't that so low for the mighty Donna? Making others do your dirty work huh" she was unbelievable.

"I see you're catching up to the story little sister. Anyway poor dad had no idea what was going on. I told him Caleb was making you lose focus in your studies and since I am a role model in this house considering am in MIT he quickly believed. I wasn't happy seeing you torn apart but it was the only way to have Caleb all to myself. Now is when I realize how selfish and inconsiderately hard I was to you, I'm sorry."

"Are you really? You were sleeping with him just yesterday I heard that. You must really be considerate since you decided to do it in the house. How sweet of you." I fired back.

"Oh dear sister. What can I say? The man clearly knows how to please a woman and with him I stood no chance. I had to surrender and I don't regret it one bit." She answered twirling her hair between her fingers and gave me a smug look.

" You utter twat, you're completely bollocks, you're an imbecile for lack of better words. The devils incarnate. " I was seething in rage and she seemed to be enjoying every minute of it.

"I've been called worse. You wouldn't be the first." At this juncture, I had lost all patience and slapped her severely. Dragging her by her hair I carelessly threw her at the bed and raised my punch.

"Come on to do it. Show the world the kind of a monster you are.." Her eyes were now full of tears, it was just a matter of time before they started falling. Her right hand was caressing her cheek to ease the sting from the slap.

"You know what, I won't do it." I said as I roughly released her from my grip. " I won't give you the satisfaction that you want, besides hitting you would only make me as worse as you are. And you know what, I may be a monster as you call me, but you're way worse." I hastily dragged my feet to the door and went down stairs to go to my favorite place.

"What's going on here? I've been hearing noise. What have you done this time around Ryn." By the time my dad uttered those words, I was revving out of the driveway and took off without looking back. 

Vote. Comment.

Edited. Enjoy!