Part 2

Ryn

" What just happened back there Missy?" Kate asked me her voice tinted with anger.

" Nothing personal. The kid was just pissing his pants didn't you see. It was hilarious." I finished out of breath as I got on my seat.

" That was cute, I mean what you did back there. You could have lunged at him or chocked him or something but you honestly just told him off." Maive said blushing once we were all settled on our table.

" You think nerdy boy is cute?" I said it out loud for the rest of the group much to her discomfort.

" I didn't say that." She defended more embarrassed now.

" I know what you said May and I also know that you think he is cute." I finished chuckling.

" Leave Mai alone Ryn. You are obviously embarrassing her. She looks uncomfortable." Jerry came to the rescue.

" Lover boy. Why don't you just ask her out. I've seen how you look at her. Oh I forgot you want to show her how you are her knight in shining armor ." I said smiling knowing I had hit a nerve.

The group awed causing Jerry to blush profusely . What's the deal , if you like someone why not just tell them and if you're sure you love someone freaking walk right to them and kiss the life out of them. You never know when you will run out of time.

" What are you now? Cupid's assistant?" Clarke dismissed the topic chuckling.

" I may be a heartbreaker but I was once a good lover. I can't believe you guys can't see their chemistry." I said motioning to Maive and Jerry who were sharing a look.

" Let's talk about something else." Maive finally found her voice again. " Let's talk about you."

" Yeah let's talk about you." Jack seconded her.

" What about me jack? What do you wanna know about me that you haven't heard of already." I said looking him square in the eyes.

" Why are your orbs so grey?" he almost whispered causing the crew to burst out laughing drawing the attention of the cafeteria to us.

" You're going to fucking question the color of my eyes. Unbelievable! What are you... eight? Or wait a second..do you have a crush on me, maybe you have been stealing glances at me that's why." I said popping a fry in my mouth then I noticed Jack's lingering gaze on my lips.

Oh boy.

" Wait.. you don't fucking have a crush on me do you?" I asked now alert as he scratched the back of his neck.

It was now Kate's turn to come to his rescue.
" Can you really blame him? I wouldn't be surprised if he really does have a crush on you." She said.

" I mean you are all hot and stuff." Clarke added laughing but it somehow seemed strained.

Jack was looking elsewhere but me. When he finally met my gaze I actually realized he might be liking me in a sort of way.

" Look Jack, I wouldn't usually turn down a guy as hot as you but honestly I am bad news...and you ..you are a good guy and my friend. I don't want you getting hurt okay. If it makes you feel any better, I usually don't go for the good guys. I want the thrill....the chase if you know what I mean. And just so you know I think any other girl will be happy and lucky to have you. Take my advice, ask Clarke out." I finished clearing the tension in the process but left a blushing Clarke. I saw the looks she gave me whenever Jack talked, they were the looks of a jealous girl. I didn't want a jealous girlfriend trailing after me, I had enough on my plate already.

" I almost thought you didn't care." Kate said to steer the attention away from Jack who didn't seem a tad bit happy about what I just said.

The lunch continued awkwardly as Jack didn't seem to contribute to anything said. After the lunch we all headed to class to our respective classes and finally Kate and I drove home for a pizza night, a thing we had been having since time immemorial.

Vote. Comment. Let me hear what you think.

This chapter is edited. Enjoy!