23

There were about five patients with either broken or dislocated bones.

Of course, Ashton followed me to the first patient I chose, Michael going with Stapleton.

"Hi" I spoke to the guy, he looked to be around fifteen, making me grab his chart.

"How'd you dislocate your collarbone?" I asked him, letting his chart down.

"Football practice, I took a hard hit" he laughed out, making me smile.

"So we're just going to set it back, get you a swing and discharge you" I spoke, making him nod slowly.

Ashton went to the other side of the bed as I positioned my hands on his shoulder.

"On three, okay?" I spoke to the boy, seeing him nod, looking in the opposite direction of me.

"One-" I immediately did it, making him break out into a loud groan as I held it in place, kind of proud of myself.

Ashton assisted me in putting a sling on him, where we immediately got a nurse to start discharging him.

"That was bad ass"

We went through half of the patients, feeling successful.

"Ortho just might be your natural calling" Michael spoke as I assisted him in popping a hip into place.

After finishing all the patients, I realized one thing- it was an extremely slow day.

I sat on a desk with Stapleton as we watched Michael and Ashton do their paperwork, something I was happy we didn't have to do yet.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Stapleton spoke, making me glance to him.

Why is this bitch acting like we're friends?

"Sure" I spoke, never fully looking to him.

"You know Doctor Sarah-" "gynecology?" I asked, seeing him nod.

"We had sex" he spoke out with the biggest grin.

I felt like I was in high school again.

"She's an attending" I spoke- just to see what his reaction would be.

"I know, it's not right- but I'm not using her, I think I have real feelings for her" he spoke out, making me nod slowly.

"Well, go for it I guess" I laughed out, seeing Ashton glance to us.

"Stays between us?" He questioned.

"Yeah" I exhaled, knowing it was a lie.

"Doctor Johnson" Ashton spoke, breaking us out of our conversation.

"Will you come with me to assist sutures? Doctor Stapleton you can stay here and assist Michael with emergencies" he spoke.

We both nodded, and I jumped off of the desk.

I walked out the door with Ashton, where he immediately grabbed my arm, pace walking quickly to his office, bringing us in, shutting the door and putting me against it, his body holding me in place.

"Ashton-" "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He shot out.

"What do you mean-" "listen- I know you want friends in this program- but Stapleton was the leader of a plan to drug you, he is not the one that you should trust." Ashton spat, never letting me go, never taking his eyes away from my own.

"Ashton, Stapleton and the gynecology attending are fucking- Stapleton has like, real feelings" I spoke quickly, seeing his face go from almost anger to interest.

"Like- he wants to date her?" Ashton spoke, loosening his grip on my body.

"That's what it sounded like to me" I mumbled.

"I thought- I thought she was a lesbian?" He spoke, more than confused.

I shrugged out, putting my hands on his sides.

"Done being mad at me?" I questioned, making the smallest smile come to his lips

"I was never mad- I just feel the need to protect you, even though you clearly don't need protection"