44

We got home, I grabbed her stuff for her before heading to the stairs.

She moved slow, but I could tell that it hurt her.

"Stop" I spoke after a moment.

"Don't go up anymore" I spoke, running up the stairs, setting the stuff by the door before running back down.

"I'm heavy" she spoke as I brought my arms around her, lifting her bridal style.

"Not at all" I spoke back, going up the stairs as she held me tightly.

I set her down at her door, watching her grab her keys and unlocking the door.

"I'm sorry you had to come home early" she spoke quietly as we walked in.

"I didn't want to be away from you anyway, baby" I mumbled, kissing the back of her head.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked as she walked towards the kitchen, opening the fridge.

"What do you want?" She asked me quietly.

I hummed, holding her from behind as I looked into the fridge.

"Pizza?" I asked her, kissing her shoulder gently.

"That's good" she nodded.

We ordered pizza online, getting it delivered to the apartment. We sat on the couch together. She cuddled into me, throwing one of her legs over my waist.

"What are you thinking, pretty girl?" I asked her, playing with her hair carefully.

"How thankful I am for you" She spoke quietly, making me squeeze her a little tighter.

"I'm so much more thankful for you" I whispered, kissing her hair.

She sat up, moving to her knees. where she could make our foreheads touch.

"Are you okay?" She asked me.

"I should be asking you that" I spoke, rubbing her arms gently.

"I know that this hurts you as much as it hurts me" she spoke, looking to my eyes as I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Baby" she spoke as my eyes watered, she immediately wrapped her arms around my neck, holding me as I closed my eyes into her shoulder, holding her waist.

We held each other

We both cried

We didn't talk, we didn't need to.

We supported each other

And we held each other through something that I'm sure was the worst thing that's ever happened to us.

She pulled away, wiping her own tears, sniffing lightly before wiping my own gently, kissing me gently.

"I never realized someone we never met could mean so much"