25

He told me little by little more details about the trip as I made sure Cleo was okay during her bath and such.

"It'll be fun, my mom would love to watch Cleo for us to go on a little date- It'll really be amazing" he spoke, almost making me excited for it.

"You have a yes from me" I spoke quietly, seeing excitement fly across his face as I helped Cleo dry off and get into clothes.

Once Cleo was asleep, we both showered and got into bed, where I cuddled into his body, smelling my own coconut scented soap on him.

"Can I ask you a question?" He spoke quietly, making me immediately nod.

"Why do you raise Cleo- like, what happened with your parents?" He asked, playing with my hair.

"Both of my parents are addicted to drugs, they hallucinate all day, rarely eat, and their houses are absolutely disgusting." I mumbled slowly.

"The second I could get Cleo out of there I did, we've been living here for almost three years now" I mumbled.

"So you had her since she was a baby? Like all by yourself" he spoke, making me nod.

"At the age of nineteen I had to figure out how to fix formula, the correct amount of nutrients kids need, how to install a car seat- I never really had time to be a kid" I mumbled into his chest.

He went quiet, stroking my hair gently.

"Ever went to parties?" He asked me.

"No- even before my parents did drugs, they weren't stable, we were always in debt, they drank a lot of alcohol, I stayed home and did chores- trying to make us look like we weren't as trashy as we really were" I spoke.

"When's the last time you spoke to them?" He asked.

"Three years ago" I mumbled.

"I changed my phone number and everything because they would call and beg me for money-
I know how to contact them, but they can't contact me" I spoke quietly.

He hummed lightly.

"Do you miss them?"

I didn't know the answer to that.

I sat up, straddling him, seeing shock fly across his face from the suddenness of this.

"I don't want to talk about them anymore" I almost whispered, feeling his hands rest on my butt.

"We don't have to" He immediately responded- not wanting to push any unwanted conversation.

I leaned to his lips, giving him an innocent peck, letting my lips graze his again before I suddenly pulled away, moving off of him, being a normal tease.

"Payton" he laughed out firmly, immediately flipping over me, holding himself up between my legs, making me hide my smile.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't be a fucking tease" he laughed out, his head going to my neck where he placed a few solid kisses.

"I wasn't- we have work tomorrow, I have no time to tease" I spoke, feeling him smile into my neck as he pulled away.

"You are going to be the death of me."