38

one month later

I held Ashton's face, pecking his lips multiple times as he held my body into his.

"Call me if you need anything, I'll come home as soon as I can- I'm only six hours away" he spoke slowly.

"Don't worry about us, we'll manage" I spoke quietly, resting into his hug.

"I'll always worry about my girls. I put Calum, Luke and Michael's phone numbers on the fridge for emergencies. You should call Calum first because he'll most likely answer first, but if it's bad, call 911-" "I know Ash" I laughed out, pulling away to look to him.

"I love you" I mumbled out.

"I love you too, princess" he spoke, pecking my lips gently.

We gave one more tight hug before I watched him get into his car, making sure I made it back into the apartment before he left.

I locked the door, sighing at the darkness.

Cleo was already asleep due to it being past midnight, but I didn't want to sleep alone.

I carried Cleo to my bed- it finally hitting me how big she was getting just due to the struggle of me carrying her.

I held her into me, turning the tv on for a little lighting before letting my sleep take over.

The next morning was hell

Cleo was in a bad ass mood

I was tired and didn't feel very good

I didn't exactly want to go to work, but I knew I needed to save the little bit of leave I had for when I actually needed it.

I got Cleo to Maddie's, apologizing in advanced before going to work.

I got into my scrubs, texting Ash to tell him that I was safe and at work, immediately getting a response

Good. I hope you have an amazing day, text me on your lunch. I love you

Myself and fellow interns soon met Calum by the nurses desk, listening to him read out a few of our patients.

We all did rounds together, diagnosing patients and getting assigned to certain cases.

As I answered a question Calum shot to us about a patient, I felt a sudden cramp.

I immediately panicked, knowing it had to have been an early stop from my period.

As soon as I had the chance I ran to the bathroom, not seeing blood, but taking extra precaution with a pad.

Calum assigned me to a little girl recovering from a heart surgery, which was fairly easy.

I checked on her every thirty minutes, I made sure she stayed comfortable and that she had everything she wanted.

As I listened to her heart, her mom watched me closely.

"It sounds great" I smiled, pulling away and smiling to the girl.

"That's amazing, Doctor Hemmings is the best" She exhaled, making me slowly nod.

As soon as I got away I went to Ashton's office, opening his drawer finding Tylenol, taking two in hopes of relieving the pain of my cramps.

As I let my head hit his desk, I heard Calum's voice

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing" I responded, moving to my feet.

"Is that why you're holding Tylenol?" He asked.

"It's just cramps, no big deal" I mumbled out, seeing him slowly nod.

"Well- if you're good, I need an extra hand on a surgery, it's a cyst removal" he spoke

He didn't even have to tell me what it was, I wanted to do it.

We scrubbed in together, the pains in my stomach making me close my eyes tightly as I washed my hands.

God, please don't let this fuck up my chances at this surgery.