42

I ran to his office and grabbed the shirt, the leggings, and the shorts.

I walked them back to her, making a nurse join me to help.

"Okay Payton" I exhaled as I entered, seeing her staring into space, holding a pillow close to her chest.

"Nurse Emily is going to help you change, I brought leggings and shorts, because leggings may hurt your stomach-" "I can't change by myself?" She asked me slowly.

"It's best that you don't for right now, you still have medicines in your system and you're a little weak" I spoke carefully, trying not to upset her.

To my surprise, she gave an understanding nod- making us all slowly leave.

After several minutes the nurse came out with a sympathetic smile.

"The leggings hurt her, we had a few tears but she's changed" she gave a small nod.

"Thank you" I spoke, taking the leggings from her.

I walked in, seeing her standing, looking out the window, towards the sunset

"Wanna sit?" I spoke, knowing standing probably wasn't the most comfortable position.

"I'm okay" she spoke quietly, her hand resting on her stomach lightly.

"Want a cooling rag?" I asked her, grabbing one, seeing her slowly nod.

"Thank you" She spoke quietly as I handed it to her, letting her position it slowly.

"Are you okay just waiting here for Ashton?" I asked, not exactly wanting her to face the Chief alone.

"That's fine" she spoke quietly, turning to me.

"I'm sorry I passed out during your surgery-" "the surgery was over, and that's not something you could've stopped, Payton" I spoke slowly.

"I'm assuming all of the interns know?" I questioned slowly.

"I know for sure that one of them knew, but I'm not sure whether he told the others or not-" "I'm sure that he did" she mumbled out, rubbing her face slowly.

"It'll be okay, no ones going to give you shit because of this" I spoke slowly, watching her nod.

I made her sit, I gave her Tylenol and we waited on Ashton.

Several minutes later, I got a text that he was here.

Ashton.

I parked in my normal spot, almost running into the building.

Luke met me at the door, stopping me quickly.

"Relax before you get to her, because I'm telling you, she's not mentally prepared to handle any other stress" he spoke, reminding me to take a deep breath, calming myself slowly.

I nodded to him once I knew I was ready.

"Come on" he nodded.

We walked to the recovery wing, where I got sympathetic looks from everyone I passed, but I chose to ignore.

"Room twenty" Luke spoke as I saw Calum leaving the room, his eyes meeting mine.

I immediately hugged him.

"Thank you" I spoke, breathing into his shoulder.

"Don't thank me." He exhaled, hugging me back tightly.

Knowing I would talk to him later, I pulled away, going straight into the room, where I heard Calum shut the door for privacy.

"Hi princess" I spoke as soon as I saw her

Her tiny body covered by my shirt, nothing but tiredness on her face.

"I'm sorry" she immediately began crying, making me immediately move to her, taking her into a hug.

"You know this isn't your fault" I spoke, holding her into my chest tightly.

"I should've known that I was at least pregnant Ashton- I'm a fucking doctor" she cried out.

"Baby, you have an irregular period- it's not something that people immediately catch- you were really early" I spoke, feeling my own tears swelling as I spoke to her.

"Why us?" She cried out into my chest.

"I don't know, Princess"

After several minutes of regaining both of our composures, I pulled away, looking to her.

"I love you, princess. I'm so sorry I wasn't here" I spoke, looking into her glossy eyes

"I love you too" She spoke quietly, getting on her toes to peck my lips gently before hugging me again, making me kiss her head gently

We would get through this

Together