ten

As he covered the spot with a bandage, he sat in front of me.

"I'm not going to lie to you, the next few weeks- maybe even months will be the worst you've ever experienced" he spoke quietly.

"But you're not going to be alone- and that's a promise from me. Every tear will be wiped, every rant will be listened to, every demand will be met, I'll make sure of it." He spoke, wiping my tears gently.

"You just have to remember that your dad maybe be physically gone- but that's not how he would want you to look at it- he would want you to know that he's with you every step of the way, he always will be" Ashton spoke, making more and more tears fall down my face.

After he checked my eyes, giving me a firm hug as I apologized to him again, thanking him, we left to go back to the room.

We walked in- seeing everyone asleep once again.

I carefully claimed my spot back in Calum's bed, who instantly opened his eyes- telling me he wasn't asleep.

"Stitches?" He whispered, looking the the bandage.

"Five of them" Ashton confirmed quietly as he hugged me gently.

"How about we put the bed rail up on your side"

I woke up the next morning feeling Calum's chest rising and falling slowly.

I didn't move much, not wanting to wake him.

I looked to Ashton- seeing him looking to me with the smallest smile

"You look exhausted" he whispered out, making me smile back to him lightly.

I was exhausted.

Several minutes later, I slowly got up, successfully not waking him, where I went to the bathroom.

I threw my hair into a ponytail, groaning lightly.

As I walked out there was a small knock at the door, making Ashton immediately stand, going to it, waking Calum and Luke, another Doctor in the room still sleeping through it.

Soon a man in a suit entered- his eyes immediately focused on me as a woman entered behind him.

"Ms.Paige- we're child protective services, here to discuss with you how to proceed." He spoke slowly.

I nodded lightly, looking to my ankles.

"We have a meeting room we'd like to discuss everything in-" "you all can't discuss in here?" Calum's tired voice spoke.

"No, for protective reasons she needs to be alone until she informs us of everything she needs us to know." He spoke.

"She hasn't had any therapy yet- we've barely even discussed-" "we're trained for situations like this sir, she's safe with me." The male nodded, making Calum look to me.

"If you don't want to go we can find a way around this-" "it's okay" I spoke with the smallest nod, moving to stand.

"I'll be back soon" I nodded, following the male- who told the lady to stay with the guys.

"She has anxiety and asthma, if she says she feels weird you need to let her leave-" "Mr.Hood I assure you, she'll be fine." The male spoke with a smile before we walked out.

"She doesn't have her inhaler- I'm telling you, if she has an attack I'm blaming you for every shot we have to give her-" "she will be fine."

I walked with the man in silence, who led me into a meeting room with a large table.

"Please, have a seat" he spoke, making me do so

"So let's talk about everything that happened"