seventeen

The guys met us at the funeral home, they had just gotten off of work and greeted us with hugs.

We had to be here thirty minutes before they opened the door to be sure everything was in order and the way Paige wanted it to be.

She held my arm as we went inside, the staff immediately greeting us.

"Right this way." An older lady spoke, taking Paige from me.

"Could you guys help us lift these flowers, someone bought three huge bundles" another older lady spoke, making us of course agree.

I glanced to Paige, seeing her and the older lady looking at a few flowers, she was okay, so I left with the guys.

As soon as we walked back in the building, I heard her talking quite loudly.

"Why the hell would you think we wanted an open casket- look at him!" She was crying through her talking as she yelled to a middle age man, the owner.

"We must've confused the funeral scheduled tomorrow-" he spoke quickly.

"Look at him!" She spoke as I grabbed her, turning her body away from her dad, who was not recognizable.

He was missing twenty five percent of his skull and most of his skin was burned from the heat of the bullet.

"This is ridiculous." Ashton spoke for me, because what I had to say was much worse than either of them.

How the fuck do you look at a man in that condition and say "let's open him for the world to see"?

You don't.

Paige didn't need to see him like that again.

She had to listen to him die

She was covered in his and my own blood.

She has the nightmares

She had to identify his body

She shouldn't have to continue to see her dead father in this condition.

"Close the fucking casket!" I ended up yelling as they all walked around, trying to figure out who made the mistake of leaving it open.

"Have a little fucking respect, she's paying asstons of money for this shit to be here and y'all have fucked it up already" I spoke, feeling her hug me tighter.

I watched as they closed the casket, nodding to me.

"We're so sorry, we'll give you partial refund for that mistake, it should've never been made." The man spoke to me, which I ignored, focusing to Paige, who's grip wasn't willing to let go.

The four of us made a group hug.

"It's hot" I heard her speak after about three minutes of not letting go.

"It is" I laughed, pulling away, which made everyone else slowly pull away, watching her wipe her tears slowly.

"What now?" She asked slowly.

"Now, we sit and wait on people to get here"