fourteen

I sat there silent as they went through bundles of papers, Calum signing each one without hesitation.

"Okay well- that's all for now, when do you want to start the shopping for the funeral-" "how do I get the life insurance money for her?" Calum asked immediately.

"Well I'm currently holding the account that the money was put on but she chooses the pin code and such- it's safe and secure, they even cover the numbers to where I can't see them unless they choose" He spoke slowly.

"Give me the card and account money, we'll help her do everything, unless you absolutely need to be here, your assistance will not be needed" Calum spoke swiftly.

The man seemed shocked

"Y-you don't want my help?" He questioned.

"No, I think we've got it all handled" Ashton spoke.

"Okay well, here is my card if you need anything at all" he mumbled, giving us all a nod before leaving.

"Thank you" I spoke to Calum immediately, seeing him smile quickly.

"Don't thank me"

About ten minutes later they happily discharged me and Calum- finding no reason to keep up both.

The guys gathered their things and by the time we were walking out of the building together, the sun was setting.

"So do you want to run by your house and grab your stuff or do you want to do that tomorrow and just burrow clothes from us to sleep in and such?" Ashton asked as he got in the drivers seat.

"Whatever is easier for you guys" I spoke swiftly.

"It's not about what's easy on us, it's what makes you comfortable." Calum spoke.

I knew I was tired

And if I was tired- they surely had to be too.

"We can just skip my house today" I spoke

"You sure, we don't mind?" Luke asked

"It's fine, we're all tired, let's just go chill"

"I like the sound of that."

We drove into what my dad would identify as the wealthy neighborhood

We pulled into one of the driveways- getting out at a nice ass house

"Paige- welcome to our home" Calum spoke, throwing his arm around me.

He led me inside and through a few hallways

"And this is our guest bedroom- your bedroom now, if you like it of course" he spoke quietly, smiling as I looked around with a small smile

This was almost twice as big as my old room

I had my own fucking bathroom

"I love it" I spoke back quietly.

"I mean if you want to paint the walls or get a new bed spread we can manage that-" "no Calum, it's all perfect, I promise" I smiled to him, finding it sweet how much he cared.

"I just want you to be happy" he spoke.

I exhaled

"I'm not not happy" I spoke slowly

"I find myself happy in moments like in the car, when we were all sitting together talking and cracking jokes, it's harder when I'm alone or when no one is talking and I'm just left to my thoughts" I explained slowly.

"I just feel kinda vulnerable because I've never needed anyone the way that I want everyone right now, does that make sense?" I asked him slowly.

"It does" he spoke, looking to me.

"I just want people to love me and be here for me" I whispered

"Expect nothing less- expect us to completely exceed that want."