twenty four

Paige.

I walked into school seeing my normal group of friends

"Paige!" Brantley, one of my closest friends spoke, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Hi" I exhaled into his shoulder.

"Welcome back, we missed you"

"I missed you guys too"

My day was filled with sympathy, ass tons of make up work, teachers calling me into their rooms to give me their apologies and tell me that if I needed anything, they were here and my friends staying by my side every second of the day.

But finally, I was able to practice soccer.

Which felt so fucking good.

I kicked the ball to my teammate, where she kicked it straight into the goal, my coach praising us as we did.

Soon we were done practicing and we did a tight huddle, my coach telling us we had practice again tomorrow before dismissing us.

I walked to Calum's car, getting in with him with a smile.

"Hi" I spoke

"Hi" he spoke, smiling back to me.

"Good day?" He asked, making me lean back in the seat, exhaling

"A great day" I spoke, suddenly feeling all of the emotions of the day hit me firmly

And before I knew it, I was crying and Calum was panicking

Calum.

She said she had a great day, why is she crying?

I don't speak girl, was the great day sarcastic?

It didn't sound sarcastic, she was smiling so big, she seemed so happy.

"Paige, talk to me." I spoke to her quickly.

"I had a really good day" she cried into her hands as I rubbed her back.

"I had a really good day, but my dad is dead and I have like five pounds of make up work, but yet I was so happy with the day" she cried out.

She's stressed, she's most likely tired and hungry.

"How can I be so happy while my dad is dead?" She cried.

"Princess, you know he wouldn't want you to be sad for long." I told her.

"And part of the grief process is moving on, it's going to happen, you just have to relax and know that he's not going to be mad that you're happy." I spoke, watching her wipe her eyes at my words.

"I'm sure he was ecstatic to see you with your friends and on that field again."

She nodded firmly

"I think you're right."