thirty six

She was crazy if she thought I was about to tell her any information about Paige.

"Patient confidentiality"

Calum.

She kept her arm wrapped around me as I did the same, helping her walk to the Chiefs office.

We got into the elevator with an intern, who couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

"Is there a problem, Doctor Morgan?" I asked him quickly.

"I-is she your daughter?" He asked.

I just stared to him for a second, trying to figure out what the fuck he was doing.

"Now, yes" Paige spoke quietly, making him nod.

"Why are you asking?" I asked him.

"I just uh- I think she's pretty-" "she's sixteen and her standards are high, go to the ER and find something to do other than look for a girlfriend." I spoke, seeing Paige smile lightly as we walked out the door.

"Doctor Hood?" He spoke, making me look to him.

"My name isn't actually Morgan, it's Mason and I'm interested in your specialty and was wondering if I could scrub in with you sometime-" "I won't be back for about a week, but we will see." I spoke.

He didn't make the best first impression to now be asking me for OR time.

"You're gonna be the death of me" I exhaled to Paige as I walked her.

"Shit, I hope not- that would be the second time" she spoke, making me instantly freeze, my heart dropping, because I didn't even realize what I said until now.

"Paige I swear to god I didn't mean to-" "Calum relax" I was relieved to hear her laughing.

"It was a joke, I was trying to bring light to the situation." She smiled, making me exhale.

We walked into the chiefs office, who immediately motioned for us to sit as he spoke on the phone.

I made sure she was good before sitting in my own chair.

He soon hung up, turning his full attention to us.

"I felt the need to still talk to you two about the incident, just to make sure your mind is at ease and you're confident in how we treated you." He spoke slowly, looking between the two of us.

I looked to Paige, who's knee bounced, so I spoke.

"I think I can speak for both of us when I say that, it's forgiven and we're comfortable now, because Michael put them in and we trust Michael." I spoke, making sure she didn't disagree in the slightest.

"Okay" the Chief exhaled.

"Thank you for remaining calm and letting us handle it-" "I'm a surgeon myself, I know how I'd want the situation handled if I was responsible, so I trusted that you guys would handle it, and you did." I nodded firmly.

"Thank you, Doctor Hood and once again, Paige, I am so sorry that you had to endure that and I promise that yourself, nor anyone else will have to go through that ever again."