twenty nine

So we walked to her moms room together.

Paige led the way into it.

"First off, what's your name?" Paige asked.

"Monroe" her mom spoke, making Paige nod slowly.

"I'm a match for you." Paige spoke, and I saw her eyes light up.

"And I will do it, but under certain conditions." She spoke, making Monroe nod quickly.

"You will never come into my life again after you're discharged from the hospital. You didn't want me before you were sick, and you will not act like you love me after I save your life." She spoke quickly, something we all did not expect.

"Okay" her mom nodded firmly.

"I have five thousand dollars-" "I don't want your money, dad left me more money than I can do anything with." She spoke swiftly.

"Keep your money, keep everything and don't even thank me, I'm doing this just so you don't die, because I couldn't live with myself if you died and I could save you." She spoke.

"I appreciate that" Monroe spoke.

"We will do it Friday morning, so no food after Midnight on that day." Ashton told them, making them both nod.

Ashton booked them into a room and I walked with Paige to my office.

"I'm proud of you- you stood up for yourself and said what you had to say." I spoke to her.

"I just don't want her to even try and take me from you guys after all of this."

Friday.

It was five in the morning and we were on the way to the hospital.

"I'm hungry." Paige spoke.

"We'll get you food as soon as you get out of surgery."

She slept on my shoulder until we parked, which woke her up, where I walked her inside.

"You get her checked in and we're gonna go clock in." Ashton told me as I nodded, knowing I took the day off to be with her for every second.

I took her into the administration building, getting her information down and checked in, where they put a bracelet on her and told me what room to take her to.

"Welcome to your bedroom for the next two or three days." I smiled to her as she sat in a chair.

"Nervous?" I asked, sitting on the bed in front of her.

"I've never even been hospitalized before- other than with you the night everything happened." She spoke to me.

"I know it's scary and new, but I'm not going to leave you alone at any point" i spoke.

"I'm doing the right thing" she spoke firmly to me, making me smile.

"I'm glad you're confident about that."

Her and I sat in the chairs together, I told her the whole surgery from beginning to end, not wanting her to be scared of anything thats going to happen while she's asleep.

Just as her head leaned on my shoulder, Ashton and a few of his interns entered.

"Morning sunshine" Ashton smiled happily.

"Someone present" he spoke to the interns.

"Sixteen year old female, Paige, here to donate a portion of her liver to her mother, who is in liver failure." One spoke.

"What time is she going into surgery?" Ashton asked.

"An hour and a half sir" another answered.

"Can I do her vitals-" "no" Ashton cut another off without hesitation.

"As you must be able to tell from Doctor Hood's presence in her room rather than doing his own rounds, Ms.Paige is very important to us, so we will be handling all of her care from even little things like listening to her heart." He spoke sternly.

"But feel free to stay an observe." He smiled to them, knowing they were most likely frustrated.

"Come sit on the bed for me, Paige" ash spoke, making her stand and sit criss cross on the bed.

"Just the vitals." Ashton told her, touching a thermometer to her head.

He checked her blood pressure and pulse
"Someone's nervous" he sang out quietly once he was done with her pulse.

He listened to her heart and lungs and asked her a few medical history questions.

"Okay, so luck for you, you get to change into this cute dress- I think you'll love it" Ashton spoke, pulling out a hospital gown, but his presentation made her smile.

"I'll send a nurse in to tie the strings, but no clothes on besides that-" "butt ass naked?" She quickly questioned, making everyone in the room laugh.

"Butt ass naked." Ashton confirmed.

She changed with a nurse, who then came out to get us.

"No ones gonna see my butt in surgery, right?" She asked, making me smile.

"Absolutely not, believe me when I say, you will be covered the entire time, besides your tummy" he spoke to her.

"Okay IV time" he hummed.

She didn't complain, she let him take her arm and watched as he slowly tied the band and wiped it.

"Look to Cal for me" he spoke, making her look to me, a smile instantly appearing on her face.

I watched her smile fade as soon as he got it in, making me move to sit beside her, holding her hand.

He taped it down, making sure it was secure before nodding firmly.

"Okay, Luke will come in, in a few minutes to give you a relaxer and be sure that you're okay, but I'm going to make sure Monroe is all good and ready to go, and then I will see you in the OR" he spoke, kissing her head gently.

"See you then" she responded with a smile, allowing him to leave,

I laid down with her, giving her hugs and attention before Luke came in with a relaxer in hand.

"Hi beautiful" he spoke, Michael joining us moments after.

She smiled in response.

"Okay, I'm putting this into your IV so it's not going to hurt, but it might be a little cold and have a little sting to it" he spoke, making me watch as he inserted it, letting the medicine run into her arm.

"It's burns" she spoke, glancing to us as if asking if that was normal.

"It'll stop in just a few seconds"