twenty seven

So we got all of the guys and we met in my office, where she was beyond confused.

"You guys are making me nervous- you're acting weird." She mumbled as I pulled a chair directly in front of her.

"We have to talk to you as doctors for a minute" I spoke, seeing her eyebrows move together.

"Am I sick?" She asked.

"No" Ashton spoke.

"But someone that you know is."

She was beyond confused.

"You're sick?" She whispered to me, making me immediately try to calm her down

"No, none of us are sick" I spoke.

"Your mom" Ashton spoke carefully, making her eyes widen dramatically.

"I've never met my mom-" "shes in the hospital and has proof that she is your mom." I told her.

"So whats wrong with her? Why is she worried about me?"

I swallowed hard

"Shes been an alcoholic for a long time and now her liver is failing and she needs a part of yours it you match her blood type." I told her slowly.

"So she wants to come into my life to use me?" She whispered.

No one answered her

"So what am I supposed to do?" She asked.

"You have to tell us whether you're willing or not" Ashton spoke.

"I don't know if I'm willing or not, help me" she spoke, making me grab her hands.

"She has two months to live if she doesn't get a liver-" "Ashton" I interrupted him, knowing that was the one detail that would cause her to do it.

"We're doctors, not family right now Calum, we tell all the information." He spat to me.

I made eye contact with her for a second, seeing tears in her eyes.

"Will you be my family for a second?" Her voice cracked.

"They can be my doctors, but I need you, I can't make this decision by myself Cal." A tear fell, making me wipe it slowly.

"The surgery is intense" I told her calmly.

"We go in with a four inch cut, we take half of your liver, because the liver regenerates itself, and we put that half in your mom to replace her dying one." I told her.

"And then you go through about three weeks of recovery." I finished slowly.

"Would you do it?" She whispered.

I tucked some hair behind her ear.

"I don't know what I would do" I whispered back to her.

"Do you want to go talk to her in person?" Ashton asked, making me squeeze my eyes shut.

"Yes"

So we walked her to the ER, but before we went in, I stopped her, holding her tightly

"She's going to suck up to you, she might cry, she's going to offer you money and play the pity card, don't let any of that convince you. You follow your heart and make your decision based on that and nothing else, okay?"