thirty one

And seconds after George put the mask over her mouth, she slipped into a deep sleep.

"You're good to go."

Paige.

I woke up thirsty.

And to quiet talking, which was about me.

"Everything was completely stable the entire time, she did great" a woman's voice spoke.

"great" I heard Calum speak.

"Doctor Irwin asked me to tell you that they lightened the sedation throughout the surgery so she wouldn't wake up so groggy, she she might wake up quick." Her voice spoke.

Shit, I was already away.

"Thank you" he responded and I heard the door shut.

I felt his hand grab mine quickly, making me open my eyes.

He was looking to my stomach, which had a large white bandage over it.

"I wonder if he used staples or stitches?" Michael spoke, and his eyes went to my face, making his eyebrows raise.

"Shit, they must've really lightened the sedation." He laughed lightly, making Calum look to me.

"Hi pretty girl, thirsty?" He asked, quickly bringing a cup to my face, touching a straw to my lips, making me sip water for a second before pulling away.

"Feeling okay?" Michael asked.

"I don't remember falling asleep" I told them, genuinely confused as to when I fell asleep.

"Anesthesia is strong, not many people even remember walking into the OR" he smiled

And then it hit me

I didn't even remember walking into the OR

"Did I walk in?" I questioned, seeing both of them laugh in unison

"I don't know, I wasn't with you" Calum laughed lightly.

"Who was with me?" I asked as he took a cap off of my head, taking my hair out of the bun it was in.

"What's the last thing you remember?" He asked, amusement on his face.

I thought about it.

"Laying in bed with you and Luke" I spoke, seeing them both laugh lightly.

"That relaxer knocked you out, pretty girl"

Calum.

She asked us several more questions before extending her hand to me, making me hold it tightly.

"I'm glad I'm not dead" she spoke tiredly, making me laugh.

"Can I have pizza?" She then spoke, making Michael laugh.

"That's my girl." He spoke, grabbing her hand to make her high five him.

"No pizza right now" I spoke, knowing she couldn't eat any actual solid foods until we were sure she could keep liquids down.

Her eyebrows moved together and she looked to me, seeming almost hurt.

"No pizza?" She spoke quietly, and the sight of her eyes just made me want to go get her pizza that second.

"We have to make sure you're not gonna throw up" I spoke sympathetically, watching her give me the smallest nod, looking straight forward as Michael and I exchanged a glance- wondering what was going through her head.

"Oh no, she's crying" michael spoke, making me look to her face, seeing silent tears running down her cheeks.

"Paige" I laughed as Michael immediately sat beside her, rubbing her shoulders.

"I just want pizza" she cried out, holding him tightly.

"Princess, you can't have pizza-" "you don't have to rub it in!" She spoke loudly through her cries, making michael and I try our hardest not to laugh.

She cried into Michael's shoulder, her cries sounding like she was in dramatic pain- but in reality- she wanted pizza and was denied pizza.

In the middle of the crying session, Luke and Ash entered, confusion spreading across their face.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked quickly.

"Cal won't let me have pizza" she sobbed out to them, making them both let out small laughs as they hugged her, wiping her tears.

"You have to drink a lot of liquids before I can give you solid food-" "I don't want liquids." She sobbed, tucking her head into Michael, holding him to herself.

"Okay, just stop crying, you're going to make yourself sick and I won't be able to give you any food for a longer period of time."

That dried up her tears fairly quickly.

"I only like Michael right now" she spoke, making each of us laugh as Ashton wrote in her chart.

"What's so great about Michael?" Luke asked

"He didn't deny my pizza." Her voice cracked as she spoke

"Let's change the subject"