What Exactly Is A Candle Cove?

Candle Cove is a creepypasta by Kris Straub of Ichor Falls and Chainsawsuit. Candle Cove was an American experimental puppet TV-show, aimed at children. It was originally going to be called "Pirate Place".

Locally produced in Ironton, Ohio, the show advertised itself as modestly trying to handle avantgarde educational contents through new techniques, both visual, artistic, and technical.

It apparently was loosely based on a short story called "The Nickberboker's Tale" from 1767.

STORY SYNOPSIS

The pasta takes the form of a forum discussion. Things begin fairly innocuously — Skyshale033 mentions a strange local television program from the early '70s called Candle Cove. However, as more users begin to recall details of the show, the story takes a dark turn. People remember strange episodes, which seem completely inappropriate for children's' broadcasting, and a disturbing villain who wants to, "GRIND YOUR SKIN." The story ends with a shocking reveal, bringing into question the entire nature of Candle Cove, and the memories shared.

PILOT EPISODE

The first reviews for the pilot episode were mixed. Most of the critics recognized a "potential heart-warming" attitude in the characters, but they complained about the "cheap" and "realistic" look of the puppets, with Alexis tanner from The Ironton Reporter calling them "disturbingly human" and "morbid". Other commentators dismissed the "bad" look of the puppets by saying that the show was "playing by its own rules" and considered that "plausible" since the purpose was "bending fantasy and reality in an integral way".

Talinka Staropoli, Ph. D. from the Ohio University Southern Campus, referred to the show as "a genuine original proposal" and predicted a good future for the show.