The Weeping Angels

A terrifying creature, and deadliest of assassins; The weeping Angels are very old and without mercy. They are beautiful statues...when you can see them.

"Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't look away, don't turn your head, and don't blink....Good luck" - The Doctor They are incredibly fast, but when you can see them the turn to stone. They cannot move, it's a fact of their biology. That's why they cover their eyes; They're not crying, they can't risk looking at each other.

If one touches you, you will instantly find yourself many years in the past. This is how they feed. They live off of the potential energy of all the days you might have had.

Also, if you are unlucky enough to find yourself in the presence of one, keep watching it but do NOT look it in the eye. "Anything that holds the image of an angel becomes an angel." This includes televisions AND people (eyes).

Sally found herself surrounded by Weeping Angels, as the

Tardis began to disappear.

--------------

The Weeping Angles Allegedly Inspire Real-Life M15/CIA Hacking Tool:

It seems as though the Weeping Angels may have inspired a real-life MI5/CIA hacking tool involving the platonic friend in your living room...no, not Gary from next door (mental note: Gary knows too much), your telly box.

According to documents leaked via Wikileaks, MI5 helped to build a piece of spyware software for Samsung's F8000 television sets that was codenamed Weeping Angel, referencing the fan-favorite Doctor Who monster that turns to stone when viewed by other beings but attacks them when they close their eyes, turn their backs on it, or when you, yes, you guessed it, blink.

In a leak containing details of what it claims are wide-ranging cyber-weapons and hacking tools used by the CIA, the purported software makes the TV more dangerous when you're not watching it, supposedly creating a "fake-off" mode designed to trick users into thinking the set has powered down when in fact it is eavesdropping on its owners, covertly recording their conversations in what sounds like a smashing plot for the Weeping Angels next appearance!

Unsurprisingly, there has been no response from either Samsung, MI5, Gary, or the Weeping Angels but the CIA have stated that they 'do not comment on the authenticity or content of purported intelligence documents'.