Chapter 5: Those Stormy Grey Eyes

Last week I had gotten a call from Eddie's dinner, they were hiring and wondered if I would like the job. Although I am still shook up about the encounter I took the job because like I had said before, theses bill wont pay themselves.

Adjusting to juggling two jobs was not as bad as it seemed, especially with the motivation of money. Don't get me twisted, I know money isn't everything but I believe in some cases and to an extent of course, money does by happiness.

I checked the clock again, I had 2 more hours before I could go home. Later this evening I was going to watch Lace's fashion show and after we were going to her parents house for dinner around around 7 pm.

"A couple of men just came in, do you mind I have to rush over and check on Lilly, I'm having a bad feeling".

I turn around to a worried looking Colette.

"Yeah go home, I've got this and I'll cover for you if Jimmy asks".

She smiles at me grateful and heads to the back to collect her things.

I know she's been having a hard time with her ex husband. They got married when they were 18 but she divorced him after his drinking got out of control. She doesn't like leaving their baby with him but she has no choice due to her work schedule and to court orders.

I pick up my notepad walking past Camilla who was busy flirting with a man in front of his wife and to a table in the back where 3 men with black suits were seated.

One was on the phone looking out the window as the other two take their orders.

I smile nicely putting my notepad in my apron pocket, "I'll be back with your food and to take his order".

The one with blue eyes winks as I walk away, "Sounds like a plan baby".

I finally return with their orders to find the guy talking on the phone gone. I set the food down and point to the spot where he was seated but the two guys who look annoyed didn't bother to look up at me so I figure they would call me over when he comes back.

I head to the back to send a text to Colette on how things went. She replies shortly with a 'I was right. Talk tomorrow'.

"Where the fuck have you been!"

I look up to see an angry looking Jimmy.

"I-i wa-"

"Do you know who is out there!"

I looked at him confused.

"The men at the table you were waiting on"

"Oh yes I took t-there orders"

"Not all of them bitch! you forgot one and now he's mad!"

"He was talking on the phone when I went to take their orders so I came back again but he was gone".

It was no use explaining, Jimmy was beyond enraged. Never had I seen him look so mad and...scared?

"Where the fuck is Candice!"

"Colette" I correct, "She had a family emergen-".

"I don't care! Go out there and take his order before he shuts this place down!!".

I jump at his loud voice and do as I'm told.

By the looks of it everyone at the front heard me getting yelled at but I couldn't even be embarrassed because I was shaking with fear.

"I'm sorry for the d-delay sir".

Out of my nervousness I drop the notebook and lean down to pick it up. I pull up my low-cut uniform knowing my breast were just on full display. I blink away threatening tears.