Chapter 69: Our Babies

I have done nothing but cry for three days straight. I cry for my baby, I cry for my unborn babies, I cry for my marriage, I cry for myself.

The door opens and I already know it's the maid with dinner. Food that I can barely eat because I feel sick to my stomach. Because I'm falling into depression. Because I have no energy left in me.

I hear her set the food on the nightstand, "Mrs. Anastasi, dinner has been served. And this here is a note I was told to deliver by boss".

I don't reply like usual and she ends up leaving. I cry for the next hour, fall asleep from exhaustion then wake up and cry some more.

I don't hear Giovanni come in around two in the morning. He hasn't been sleeping in our room for sometime so I wasn't expecting him whatsoever.

He yanks the blankets off of me, "Get up".

I whimper and curl up tighter but he picks me up bridal style and takes me to the bathroom where he strips me naked then himself and sets me in the shower.

I cling onto him wrapping my legs around his waist, "Make it hot".

He shakes his head, "Nope, once you're fully awake I will".

Then he turns me so that I am fully facing the shocking cold water. My whole body from top to bottom is drenched. I breath in as if I've been holding my head under water.

Finally Giovanni turns on the hot water and he starts to lather his hands with shampoo and washes my hair. He rinses it out grabs conditioner, coats my hair with it, finger detangles a section and twists it then continues with the rest of my hair.

Gio lathers body wash on a loofah and starts to scrub my body and when he's done he washes himself. He rinses off first then rinses me off, then he turns the water to cold and stands me in front of him, "hold onto me but lean your head back so I can rinse the conditioner out".

We finally finish and get out. He wraps a towel over my shivering body while he grabs my hair products and body lotion.

I sit on the bed and wrap an old t-shirt on my hair to dry it. Gio comes in sets my hair products down and rubs lotion on his body then slips on boxers.

"Stand up", he instructs.

I stand as he massages my shivering body with lotion. He kisses my stomach twice and I bite my lip to keep from crying all over again. I was still angry at him and badly wanted to hit him. But I feel so weak

Gio picks out a blue silky baby doll nightgown and helps me into it.

"Someone was in here, these sheets are different", I notice.

He take out the t-shirt from my hair, "Yes, I had someone change them. It's L.O.C right".

I nod and continue to blankly stare at the wall. All I can think about is my baby. Luca hated being away from me for long periods of time. I can imagine him crying for me, wondering where I am, wanting me to hold him.

Giovanni finishes my hair and puts a bonnet on me just as a maid comes in with some food.

I take a few bites from the food but the urge to puke creeps back in.

"I know your anxiety is terrible right now but I need you to eat for the babies Sophia. They need to grow", Gio tells me.

I take a few more bites and push the rest away.

He sighs, "Ok baby, how about some fruits?"

I look away from him and stare at the wall some more.

"Look Sophia, mango and Pineapple. You love mango and pineapple".

I force myself to take a bite.

***

I didn't want him near me but I needed to plead with him to bring back Luca. I called both Sienna and Lace two days ago and they both said they didn't have him. If my child was in the hands of a stranger I was going to kill Giovanni.

I tighten my head scarf then crawl on-top of Giovanni's lap as he sits up to remove his wife beater.

"It was Dominique, he brought up how I could escape, leave this all behind. We were going to leave Saturday. I'll give you back all of Luca's papers just please bring him back to me, he hasn't ever been away from home".

He studies me for a second then puts his hands on my hips to push me off of him.

"Giovanni you promised! I told you, now I get my child back".

"I meant that was one way to speed up the process. Besides I already knew it was him".

I throw my hands up, "Then what was the point of making me tell you? So you could teach me a lesson on telling the truth? Giovanni please I need my son back".

He lays flat on his back, "How about you start by eating your meals so my twins can be healthy. I also want us to see a marriage counselor. I want us to get better my love, I want it to be like how it was in the beginning".

A single tear runs down my cheek, "Where is he?"

Giovanni traces it as it makes it's way to the corner of my lips then pulls my neck down so he can press a kisses to them.

"Somewhere safe, where he's happy and loved...I know you aren't supposed to be stressed, so if being away from me will help I can send you to a safe house. But you running away without me knowing of your whereabouts was senseless. You know how many enemies I have, they could have killed you and Luca the second you stepped out of my protection".

I cover my face with my hands, "Having my son back will make me less stressed than anything can".

He pulls me down to is chest, "Ok...I'll bring him back and send you two to the safe house. I just need to know you will take care of our twins".

I stiffen, "I would never try to hurt or...get rid of my babies Giova-"

"Our...our babies Sophia".

Remember to vote!