Chapter 9: Finding Me

Giovanni and I don't speak on the way to my house. I unlock the door and invite him in for a glass of water because I can see him sweating in this July heat.

"Gio would you continue to pursue me even if your parents were like Lace's?"

He swallows a sip, "I would love you even if this world was trying to convince me to hate you".

He presses a kiss to the corner of my mouth just as I turn my head and our lips meet. He pulls back shocked then gives my lips another kiss. I open my mouth giving him more access and he slips his tongue inside me dominating the action.

I pull away, "We need to stop".

He nods, kisses my forehead and leaves.

***

I'm to angry and horny to fall asleep. It was now three am and I haven't even changed out of my dress and shoes. I find myself calling Giovanni.

"Where are you?"

"Sophia? Are you alright?"

"Um yeah but I...Where are you?"

"I'm at the Plaza".

"OK".

I hang up the phone, call a Uber and head down to the Plaza hotel.

"Hi I'm here for Giovanni Genovese".

I wait as she calls Gio's room then she nods giving me his room number.

Gio opens the door dressed in black boxers his hair messy and those stormy grey eyes held a fire I hadn't seen before.

"Sophia Ubers are not safe, I could have came to you or sent someone to come get you-"

I kiss him-no I attack his mouth. I didn't come here for him to lecture me on safety I came here because he left me crazy after the kiss. And because I was scared... that he left to get what I didn't give him from another girl.

He deepens the kiss as I wrap my legs around his waist as he carries me to the bed. With both legs on either side of me he carefully lifts my body up and zips down my dress.

I cringe, "What are you doing Gio, you don't have to remove my dress, I was just gonna take out my underwear."

He removes his eyes from my breast and up to my eyes scanning them back and forth, searching for something. Beginning to feel uncomfortable, I flick my eyes away from his.

He shakes his head, "I want to unwrap the whole present sweet stuff".

Seconds later my dress was laying on the floor and he now had a full view of my body as the moon shines on me with all its might. I close my eyes tightly, my face growing hot with embarrassment.

"Gio", I whisper.

He clicks his tongue, "My goodness gracious Sophia."

One tear slips. "Gio", this time I was louder.

His hands roam my body like a traveler would the Earth. I can feel the tingles his fingers leave as he grazes my stretchmarks.

Now the tears were falling like hail. "Gio!"

He stops and looks at me, his fingers that were on my rib cage slowly move down as his dark eyes continue to scan mine. Then they stop and his fingers rest on the stretchmarks. He found what he was looking for.

I put both my hands on his chest and push him all the way off me. With blurry vision, I get on my knees searching for my dress. Behind me Gio has gotten of the bed as well and has turned on the light.