Chapter 57: Adoption

Giovanni P.O.V

Sophia doesn't speak much the rest of the flight. She finishes her food and lays down to sleep in her seat. I know she is worried about being pregnant and she thinks I'm ok with it only because she wants it badly.

All she's been talking about babies since we met but even more after we got married. Right now she wants two girls and two boys then after that she wants to adopt a child from Ethiopia, Indonesia, Russia and America.

I recently told her that Ethiopia and Russia have blocked international adoption so now she's been researching other countries.

Personally I've never given adoption a thought. No one I know has ever adopted and my father was very much against that idea. He believed in helping the orphans but to bring one in and give his last name was repulsive to him. He claimed it would ruin the Anastasia bloodline.

Sophia reminds me a lot of my mother. They are pure souls with beautiful hearts.

It pains me when I think of all those years my mother suffered miscarriages after miscarriages. She just wanted a baby, she didn't care if it came from her womb or another woman's.

They would fight about constantly before Lucia was conceived. I remember my father telling mom that he refused to raise a child from another man's seed.

One day my mother came home from the local orphanage with a bunch of papers. There was a baby boy born a month ago and she had taken one look at him and wanted to adopt.

Father came home and all hell broke loose. He told her there was no way a bastard would carry his name and live under his roof.

She blackmailed him with divorce knowing how our culture was extremely against it. He shot back daring her to divorce him. I remember him screaming, "You would throw away 20 years of marriage so you could adopt that kid? I promise you, if you do it, you'll never see Giovanni again. I won't have my son around a bastard".

He didn't care that Mom cried herself to sleep every time she would see a baby or a pregnant woman. It made him sick that everyday she would go down to the Orphanage to hold the baby boy.

Her love for the child made him so sick that he paid off a couple to adopt him. Mother went in to the Orphanage to find the baby gone. She knows my father had something to do with despite his denial. I don't think she forgave him, even years after when Lucia was born.

I didn't think we would have kids a month into our marriage. Im selfish, I don't want to share Sophia with anyone for at least five months. But then again, children are blessings. Whenever God wants to bless Sophia and I with kids, I'll be happy. And besides, as long as Sophia is the mother to my children, I have nothing to fear.

I shake my wife awake as we land and guide her out the plane where we meet Alessandro.

Less Kiss's Sophia's cheek, "You feeling better sweet stuff?".

She clears her throat and looks away, "Yeah I'm fine".

I smirk and take her hand, "Is the car here yet?"

The car takes us to La suite Shangri-La where Sophia can have a view of the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and The Grand Palais.

I climb out and open the door for Sophia but instead of following me inside I turn around to see her helping the luggage boy with our suitcases. Less tries to reason with her but she shakes her head ever so determined to pull her suitcase out of the trunk.

I check my watch, 5:33. The first meeting starts at six on the dot and I still need to review the data.

Walking back, I grab her suitcase as well as her hand pulling her into the hotel where we check in and head to the elevator.

"Gio-"

I nod, "Your welcome".

She rolls her eyes, "I almost had it, you didn't need to interfere and who's going to get your's by the way?"

I close my eyes annoyed, "Sophia he is paid to do this work".

She looks up at me like I told her I kill kittens, "He is shaped like a stick, I have way more muscle and meat on me".

Grabbing her *ss and give it a squeeze, "Yes ma'am you do".

She turns around with cold eyes and slaps me hard across the face. With that she marches out the elevator.

Sorry for the short chapter! I had to delete the smut and I tried my best to write more so it could fill out.

Thoughts on adoption?