01.

______01______
Prelude

-•-

°six months later...

"Your book Everyone + Me became an instant hit. The first week you sold over two hundred thousand, it then quickly turned into five hundred thousand two weeks after that. That earned you the number one best seller with New York Times and it stayed number one for fourteen weeks. A lot of women have called the book the needed diary. However, some critics believe it's so far reached and that you were stupid to stay. Now forewarning, we are on the air and you can get nasty if you like." Jessica Aims laughs, causing everyone to do the same. This was somewhat new to Yelena but she had to admit she loved it. She had another career to add to the list of titles. Having a podcast was something she was proud of. Other than writing, she had a another way to reach a wider audience. She was thankful for the chance and had a range of ideas for the new job.

"They said I was stupid for staying?" Yelena questions while arching an eyebrow. Jessica nods while scrolling through her laptop.

"Uh, that's what it says." She confirms while tilting her head a bit. Yelena adjusts the mic while scooting up to the table. The room sank in silence as only the small music could be heard. Jessica and the other two co-host DJ Beats and Stephanie wait on her response. Yelena laughs while resting her chin in the palm of her hand and shrugs.

"I can't even argue with that." Yelena responds. Stephanie frowns and sits up to attention.

"I know you not gone let these ignant folk call you stupid." She says and Yelena chuckles lightly.

"I'm not going to argue with thumb thugs." Yelena explains and a few eyebrows raise.

"Let me translate that for you sis. Your mother hoe." Stephanie says causing everyone to laugh and the DJ hit the button to sound off the air horns.

"I real life don't like you." Yelena continues to laugh while shaking her head.

"You really not going to say anything though, like forreal?" DJ Beats questions as he leans his palms on the table. Yelena pouts while shaking her head no.

"No I'm not. They talking about some mess that happened in the past. I wiped my hands with that eight months ago. Now if someone talks shit about my new man, it's gloves off. Period." Yelena assures with all seriousness. Both Stephanie and Jessica applaud loudly as DJ shakes his head.

"I know that's right, now speaking of new man." Jessica smirks.

"Here we go." Yelena sighs and playfully rolls her eyes.

"Can we really call him her new man. I mean he's really an ex." Stephanie says while crossing her legs. Yelena opens her mouth to speak, seeing her boss swerve his finger around in a fast motion. She knows that means to wrap it up.

"Yes he is but that conversation will have to be put on hold until next time. Unfortunately, it's time for us to go. I want to thank you all for tuning in to our pilot episode of the Read & Sip Podcast, where you read us and we read you sis and sip this wine! Thank you to the producer Mr. Whitman for supporting me and giving myself and my co-host a voice here. I of course want to thank my spicy ladies Stephanie Goldmen." Yelena begins but is shortly cut off.

"Don't be shy friend! Follow me on all platforms @Steph_onthesehoes." She says. Yelena shakes her head while laughing.

"I also want to thank the other spicy and lovely Jessica Aims. And our DJ Beats for the music and entertainment. Tune in next week for chapter two. The question of the night, is it okay to date an ex?" Yelena says and everyone comments different responses.