08.

______08______
His Friend Charlie

-•-

Yelena cuts the engine to her car, grabbing the grocery bags out of the passenger seat. After securing her vehicle, she takes the private elevator up to the suite of which she and Montell share. The elevator comes to a stop and before the door opens, the different aromas hit her senses through the crack of them. The elevator dings and the door opens, letting Yelena exit. At the stove, Montell is stirring the frying pan of chicken and peppers. Entering the small kitchen, Yelena sits down the bag of groceries and removes her leather jacket. She watches as Montell removes the dry cloth off his shoulder, grabbing the handle of the pan and move it off the eye that's on. He turns the knob to off and removes the lid off the lasagna noodles, seeing they're done.

"You got the sauces?" He questions, retrieving the aluminum pan.

"Tomato sauce without meat, ricotta cheese and four different bags of shredded cheese." She lists off, leaning her palms on the counter. Montell grabs the strainer, picking up the pot to drain the noodles.

"Thank you. No I can get this started and start of the side dishes and dessert." He says, pre-heating the oven.

"What are you making again?" Montell lays the four noodles in the pan to start the foundation, opening a jar or the sauce.

"My famous chicken and four cheese lasagna. For the sides I'm going to steam some cauliflower and broccoli, sautéed with garlic and melted butter with some red roasted potatoes. And for dessert, my special brownies." Montell smiles and scoops the chicken out the pan to lay on top of the noodles and sauce.

"Special brownies huh?" Yelena chuckles, walking around the counter to watch closely. Montell sprinkles the seasonings and cheese next, putting the sauce on top and starting over again with the noodles.

"Yep, you already know." Yelena takes a piece of done chicken out the pan to taste and hums in satisfaction.

"That's really good hun. Your mom taught you how to cook like that." She mumbles through chews, taking some of the mozzarella cheese next. Montell chuckles and moves the ingredients out of her reach.

"Nah, this was a recipe I made myself. You know in my parents house, everyone had to cook and make their own dish to eat for the week. You know Moms loves leftovers and we ate them in as many ways possible. If my Mom made grilled chicken, the left overs would be made with salad; or we'd make chicken salad after that. If Pop made spaghetti, the left over meat and sauce would be served as sloppy joes for dinner the next time. We just made shit work." He informs and hunches his shoulders as he continues to make the pan of lasagna.

"We did the same thing in my house. Couldn't afford to eat out every night."

"Nope and that definitely helped when my brother and I went to college. I have a whole book of recipes that I want to share with the world. That'll be the next move."

"Is my man trying to become an author and possibly compete with me?" She exaggerates, wrapping her arms around his neck. Montell chuckles while shaking his head no.

"Not at all. I was just thinking about restaurant chain but now that you put the author idea in my head. I might just try it. And no competition we'll both just be eating." He finishes up and sprinkles the mozzarella cheese on top, along with some basil for flavor and decoration.

"Well whatever you decide to do, I'd support it. That book ideas would be good though. You know it's a lot of people in college that could use those food tips." She shrugs and removes her arms from around him, once he lifts the pan. The oven beeps on cue and Yelena opens it, watching Montell sit the pan inside. He then closes the door and sighs with raised brows.