16.

______16______
The Man She's Dating

-•-

°one year later

"Your new book Dating Goals 2.0 is not all about trips and dinners like Marriage Goals 101. This book is wrote is more so as a personal diary than a suggestive book. Tell us about that." Jessica says to Yelena while drawing her attention from the computer screen.

"Dating Goals 2.0 is more of Montell and myself telling the world about our relationship experiences. We've been in horrible relationships before one another, and we're now trying it against one another. Through the past year in a half, we've kept our own journals. In relationships, everyone's experience is different. People don't understand that we don't see ourselves as others see us. We just made sure to capture ourselves  instead of just giving out pointers." Yelena says into the mic.

"Now you said you and Montell wrote this book, so Montell you're an author now huh?" Stephanie questions and pops her tongue causing both Montell and Yelena to laugh as he nods.

"Yea. This my first book so I'm excited to see who I connected with you know." Montell shrugs nonchalant.

"This man going to have a whole female fanbase. Yelena gon' be turning her comments off and blocking people. I can see it." DJ Beats says causing some amusement.

"She ain't got nothing to worry about. She's all I'll ever need." Montell assures and takes her hand in his. Yelena's cheeks blush causing the women to awe in adoration.

"That's so sweet." Jessica says with pouted lips.

"He is sweet but I'm not petty you guys. I know my man is attractive and has the full package. Women find him attractive and that's cool. Women can comment and double tap all they want." Yelena shrugs.

"Oh sis you done brought him out of hiding, he's going to get all the heart eyes and eggplant emojis now." Stephanie assures through laughter.

"And that's fine." Yelena assures as Montell shakes his head while chuckling.

"Y'all funny as shit man." He mumbles

"That's Stephanie doing the most as usual." Yelena says and Steph sticks out her tongue with slight laughter.

"Well I know that I can't wait to read it. I just bought mine today and I have to say that the first page has me intrigued. You open up with an apology to yourself. In it you said you blocked your blessing from loving someone worthy and true. Clearly we know that's Montell, but I need to know what that meant. Give us the scoop on the first interview." Jessica says while shifting in her seat. Yelena adjusts the mic with a small smile.

"When Montell and I called ourselves dating years back, I always waited on him to make the first move. Rather it be holding my hand or leaning in for a kiss. I always expected him to make the first move, forgetting that he was dealing with depression. If I would of  showed effort of liking him we'd probably be married now. I know a lot of times as women we think men are suppose to make the first move. We always heard stories about how our father's approached our mother's at the bar. Maybe he asked her for a dance at a party. Women can do it now too, it's 2020. Don't block your blessing ladies. If you like him let him know and put forth effort. As long as it's gentle and not assertive than its all good." Yelena shrugs and everyone nods in agreement.

"But wait though. You mean to tell me you never tried to jump this fine ass man?" Stephanie questions causing Montell to chuckle and drop his head.

"I'm not answering that question. You a fool." Yelena points while shaking her head.

"Okay so we have the book Dating Goals 2.0, you guys are starting your book tour tomorrow in Nashville. There will also be a streaming segment on all social media platforms. Soooo, what's next for you two together and individually?" Dj Beats questions while glancing between the two. Yelena and Montell snatch their heads in one another's direction. Yelena nods for Montell to answer. He sits up and pushes his designer frames on his nose.