02.

______02______
Friends

-•-

Yelena and Milyah sit at a far table while conversing over drinks. They've been waiting a little over thirty minutes for Cherokee's arrival. Yelena had planned a small evening for them tonight. It was manly for Cherokee's benefit but she didn't want to leave Milyah out. After all, they're all good friends. Yelena takes  a glimpse of her watch, reading the time of five thirty. It's still early but she was hoping Cherokee would get there soon.

"It's a lot of people out tonight." Milyah says while skimming the venue.

"Mhmm. Didn't even know it was this many singles." Yelena says while fetching her phone out her pocket. Milyah frowns while sitting up, slowly raising her brows when she comes to a conclusion.

"Yelena you didn't." She says in a monotone. Yelena reads Cherokee's text with a small smile. The time is five forty-five in the evening.

"She's here." Yelena says, standing to her feet. Milyah shakes her head while sighing, sipping her drink through the small black straw. This could either go good or bad but she was hoping good. Cherokee enters the crowded space and excuses herself. She looks a little exhausted yet still presentable which Yelena was appreciative of. She knows her friend is exhausted from all the moving from New York back to Washington. Cherokee began to feel lonely and left out, not to mention Shea was becoming a problem. Cherokee had to close down her shop and move it here to Washington once she found a building. Things were still in the works and stressed wasn't even enough to to describe how she felt right now. That's why Yelene thought to invite her out to get her mind off of things.

"Hey y'all." She greets with a weak smile. Cherokee hugs both her friends and takes a seat. The waiter then sits the drink in front of her. She thanks him and takes a long needed sip.

"Just what you needed huh?" Yelena questions. Cherokee nods, sitting the glass away from here when done.

"Definitely. These past couple of weeks have been draining." She informs.

"What's all going on?" Yelena questions. Cherokee shrugs with pouted lips.

"It's just a bigger move than your
average. Thank God I still have my studio apartment or i'd be trying to build from scratch. The shop is enough." Cherokee assures.

"I here that. How have you been holding up mentally though?" Milyah  questions while frowning. Yelena nods and turns her attention to Cherokee who puffs a long breath.

"Pretty good. I have to say it feels good to be back home. I was starting to miss you guys." She pouts and reaches her hands out to the two. They do the same and hug either side of her.

"We missed you too. Now what's up with the Shea situation?" Yelena questions as they pull apart from her.

"Oh that bitch was handled. We fought a week before I moved. She hasn't called or tried to get in contact with me since. It's been a month so I'm pretty sure she's through with my ass. I know one thing, I won't be dating for a while. I'm going to focus on me, myself and I! Can we toast on that?" Cherokee holds her glass up as Milyah and Yelena do the same. Milyah gives Yelena a certain look as the three glasses lightly clash together. Yelena slightly shakes her head with closed eyes. She didn't want Milyah to worry because she has it handled. The three women sip their drinks and place them down simultaneously.

"That's good to hear." Yelena says and Cherokee nods.

"I know. Now, what are we doing after this? A club maybe?" Yelena shakes her head no with small laughter.