13.

______13______
Remember Me

-•-

°two months later

"Where do you want this?" One of the moving men question in a struggle.

"All the easels and benches go on the third floor. You can take the elevator. I know that's a lot of running up and down the stairs." Montell informs, hanging up the art pieces. Tonight is the grand opening of the Paint & Tip Gallery. This is what Montell has been waiting to do for the longest. The past eight weeks, he's put his heart and soul in the place. He hasn't stepped foot at his club since he found the venue. A lot of people miss him there, but were happy to be under new management. Things were rocky these past two months. Now they're slowly but surely becoming stable. Jamal didn't want the nightclub, because he felt he didn't have the right materials to run the place. The club was under temporary management until Montell could find someone to manage the building and staff. For a month he held interviews at the gallery those four weekends. He interviewed a good amount of candidates, but only one fit the criteria for the job. Naleem has a degree in marketing and management. Her recommendations all had good things to say about her. Montell felt she was perfect for the job. Since business is growing, he knew he made the right choice. Now all of his focus has been left on the gallery.

"Aye Mont I'm finished the painting. Come see and tell me if you like it." A friend of Montell informs and waves towards himself. Nodding, Montell takes a step back to make sure the picture is straight. Once satisfied, he  travels up to the second floor. He and his friend Bashir standing in front of the mural and Montell nods very impressed. The color and detail are more than he could imagine.

"This is dope. I love it man. Thanks for doing this last minute." The two gentleman dap hands and bump shoulders.

"It's no problem. Now the paint might be a little damp even at the grand opening. I'm pretty sure people are going to want to take pictures in front of it, but you're going to need something to block it off. Don't need no one messing up the drip." Bashir says and Montell agrees with laughter.

"Understood. I got some ropes at the club, so I'll bring them from there."

"Aight, coo. Now can I get my two tickets so I can slide through tonight?"

"Man I already got you down on the list with a plus one. Don't worry about it." Montell flags and the two dap hands again.

"Aight, coo. Ima get out of here, I'll see you later." Bashir says, grabbing his art supplies.

"Okay, thanks again bro!" Montell hollers behind him. Bashir nods and waves his hand while jogging down the steps. Montell continues to stare at the mural, tucking his hands inside the pockets of his sweats. It took him to another world along with peace and serenity. He knew the people would love it.

"Mr. Bold!" One of the moving men call. Montell jogs down the steps, traveling over to the gentleman who extends the clipboard and pen. Montell signs it, thanking the men for everything. The man leaves along with the crew leave, leaving Montell to himself. He decides to secure the place and head out, making his way to the club to grab the ropes. After a thirty minute drive, he arrives to The Red Room and parks around the rear of the building. He takes his keys out of his pocket, frowning at the open door. It then clicked that Naleem must be inside. The club wouldn't be opening for another four hours, for celebration of the gallery opening. He gave his staff the night off but Naleem and a few others insisted on staying to help out. Montell heads over to the closet by the entrance and opens it. He takes out the velvet ropes and gold poles, sitting them out in the floor. He counts them, thinking he may need the other set. Frowning, he steps further in seeing the other set has disappeared.