10.

______10______
Exes

-•-

°two days later

"Good afternoon Mrs. Bry- I mean Ms. Flourish." Malaysia greets Yelena as she exits the elevator. Smiling, she removes her designer shades and adjust her bag on her shoulder.

"Good afternoon. I have an appointment with Ms. Aniston at one thirty." Yelena informs once she approaches the desk. Malaysia's fingers type gradually against the keyboard as her green orbs skim the monitor.

"Yes I have you here. She's with a client right now but I'll inform her of your arrival." Malaysia says while grabbing the office phone's receiver.

"Thank you." Yelena smiles while leaving the desk to have a seat. She waits patiently in the lobby for Aniston to finish with a client. It's about that time again for her presentation to her publisher. Hopefully Aniston likes and won't try to suggest something else. Yelena is really proud of what she accomplished in a short amount of time. Two months ago, she had writers block not to mention she was enjoying her life with Montell.  If it wasn't for her friends and family supporting her, she'd probably have nothing to show. A short while later, Aniston's office door opens. Her client exits and she gestures Yelena to enter. Once inside, Aniston closes the door and travels to her desk to have a seat.

"Well it's great to see you again Ms Flourish." Aniston smiles while moving the cursor around on her screen with the mouse.

"Likewise Aniston, it's been a while." Yelena smiles while searching through her bag for her draft. Her finger tips touch the warm and crisp papers, notifying her senses. She then hands it to Aniston who flips through the pages.

"Yes it has. Is this the masterpiece you've been working on?" Aniston questions.

"Mhm. I don't know what I want to name it yet, but I have a few ideas. Also with this book, I want to get back to my roots. I was thinking of interviewing couples or singles about insecurities."

"Explain."

"Well you know I was a journalist and it's something I always loved. Talking to everyday people with everyday problems. I want to tell other people's stories instead of making it just about me. Also for the book tour, I feel we should have a streaming event. Have the people in a circle to talk and stream it on all social platforms." Yelena further explains and Aniston slowly nods at the idea.

"Okay, I like the idea however let's not get too far ahead. It's still a process we have to go through." Aniston informs.

"I know, I'm just giving you some ideas ahead of time." Yelena confirms.

"Okay well, I have a meeting with the board this afternoon. I'll present them the draft and see what they have to say. Then we'll take it from there." Nodding, Yelena smiles while tucking her hair behind her ear. She thanks her publisher while standing to her feet. The two shake hands and Yelena leaves out the office. She could tell Aniston was a little irritated but felt that wasn't her problem. Yelena was taking advice from her family and friends. It's takes years to write books, not months. If Aniston couldn't understand that, Yelena would gladly take her talents elsewhere. There has been plenty of offers since her first book. Getting in her car, Yelena searches for her ringing phone. Seeing the contact information, she answers and places the phone to her ear.

"Hey Cher." She greets.

"Hey, are you doing anything later around two?" Cherokee questions.

"No, why what's up?" Yelena cranks up her car and her phone automatically connects to bluetooth.