14.

______14______
Love Me, Love Me Not

-•-

Montell stares up at the ceiling while laying next to a sleeping Yelena. Her back was turned to him giving that she turned from an earlier position. All night the two slept on their sides of the bed. Well Yelena got that vibe when Montell barely made a move to touch her. He was acting weird since the grand opening last night, but she didn't make a fuss about it. With his depression, his moods can change in an instant. What she didn't know is that he was thinking of someone else. Sitting up in the mattress, Montell tosses the covers back. Opening the faux drawer, he opens his safe and retrieves his stash. Pulling his hoodie over his head, he grasp everything he needs and heads to the balcony. Sliding the door open, he steps out and sits in the chair. He sits his weed down and top paper on the small table along with his phone. Once his blunt was rolled, he searches his pocket for a lighter. After burning the end, he takes a long pull. He lets the smoke settle on his lungs before exhaling. As he done so, he stares out at the view in front of him. His thoughts ran ragged as he thought on how he would explain this to Yelena. He first needed to talk to Naleem. He text her last night and is still waiting on a response. He knows she seen it because she read the message as soon as he sent it. Hopefully she wasn't playing games. On cue, Montell's phone buzzed. Exhaling the smoke, he grabs the phone and sees the reply.

Naleem: I'm ready to talk. We can meet at my place.

Montell: Send me the address.

Two minutes later Naleem replied with the address. Montell reads it and scoffs automatically knowing her location. He puts out the rest of the blunt in the ashtray, figuring he'd finished it once he returned. After washing his face and brushing his teeth, Montell grabbed his phone and keys. He left his condo around ten forty-five in the morning, knowing Yelena wouldn't be up for another hour. He makes his way to Naleem's and arrives in ten minutes. Cutting the engine, he removes his seatbelt while staring up at the exterior design he remembers well. Opening the glass screen door, Montell lifts his fist to knock. It didn't take long for Naleem to twist the locks and open the door. Montell stares at her five foot six frame that's dressed in nude colored tights and a tight knit sweater. Her feet are dressed in fur slippers to match. She has a fresh face from removing last night make-up. She too was up all night and couldn't sleep. They both could see the exhaustion in one another's eyes.

"Come in. I'm brewing tea would you like some?" She questions, closing the door. Montell studies the decor of her cozy home. There was a lot of pale pink, white and silver going on. Nonetheless it fit her personality. A lot has changed since he last been there.

"Nah I'm good." He says.

"Okay, well remove your boots. You can place them over there." She instructs, pointing to the tile floor where he could sit his shoes. Montell obeys by her rules and kicks off his boots. At the door, there lay a good amount of tile before you stepped foot on the carpet. Montell has a seat on the sectional and sits deep into the couch. It was rather comfortable.

"I see you did some renovations." He says while swinging his legs back and forth. Naleem gives a small smile and stirs the honey and cream in her tea.

"Yep. I'll be owning it soon so a few more payments and it'll be mine to own." She says while traveling to the living room, holding the handle firmly in her hand.

"Congratulations." Montell says while sitting up in his lap. There's a comfortable silence between the two as Naleem blew her tea to cool it. After taking a few sips, she retrieves a coaster to sit the cup on. She pulls her legs up on the couch while watching Montell scratch his head under his hood. He was definitely distraught and figured they should talk. It's what he came to her place for.