✞Let's summon a demon✞

"(Y/n), (y/n), (y/n)." My name being repeatedly chanted makes me groan, stopping on my tracks and turning around to face Brendon, who has that stupid grin of his on as whenever he decides to annoy me.

"Better be quick." I tell him, not bothering in hiding my lack of patience.

"Wanna go out later?" He asks and I scoff, turning around and continuing my way home. I already know where this is going. "Please," he follows me, insistent as always, even tho he always end up being rejected, "we'll have fun."

"I have a boyfriend and you know that." I lie naturally, my last excuse.

"Of course." He rolls his eyes, not believing in it. "You always say that, but where's the guy?" He raises an eyebrow, "I think his name is Non. Nonexistent." I breathe a chuckle at his comment; he cracks a grin, probably interpreting that as a move. "Wanna make a bet?" I glance at him and raise an eyebrow at his smirk, silently asking him to continue with a nod. "If you show me your boyfriend, I'll stop pestering you. But, if you don't, you'll give me a chance." He grins as if he just won the bet. And I'm afraid he really did.

I try to contain my surprised and worried reaction, what probably makes my face contort in something similar to a confused expression since he starts explaining it better.

"It needs to be tomorrow." He says more seriously. "I won't be convinced until I see him personally." He nods his head in each pause, as if it'd help to make me comprehend it easier. "Plus, nothing about being someone I'll see you with just once. You'll need to give me a chance if I find out it's a lie. You'll need to give me a chance anyways."

Shit; I think as staring at him. I thought I'd be able to stall him until graduation, but seems like he decided to resolve everything in the last month.

"Okay." I say, nodding confidently. "You'll see him tomorrow." I tilt my head as raising my eyebrows, trying to show him I'm not intimidated by the deal. However, in real, I'm internally falling apart. What will I do? How will I find a boyfriend from day to night?

"I'm anxious." Brendon copies my motions and shoots me a look before taking his own way home.

Continuing my track home, now alone, I let out a loud sigh along with a stressed sound - that even I couldn't identify - when making sure he's distant enough. I just can't find a boyfriend today and convince him to get me in school tomorrow, I don't even like someone who isn't a celebrity I won't ever meet. And there's no way I'm giving Brendon a chance. I mean, he's a nice guy and all, but extremely cringey and cheesy. No way a relationship between us would work. I twist my face at the thought.

Hey, I should put in practice my plan from long ago, I'll just use the opportunity. It's too radical, of course, but half of me wants to do it just to know what'll happen. I've got nothing to lose. I'm going to summon a demon.

.

"What am I getting myself into...?" I mutter as looking at the pentagram drawn on the floor, a candle over each one of its points - I bite my bottom lip in excitement, really curious to see what will happen. Yes, I'm sounding stupid. I'm just another punk rock teenager that got nothing else to do with their life and wants to try whatever society says it's wrong. And I'm sounding even worse, oh God.

Inhaling deeply then exhaling, I start to concentrate myself and recite the incantation. As soon as I say the last words, the circle around the pentagram start burning and the flames reach about six feet before vanishing and giving place to a male.

A grin makes itself present on my lips when I notice it worked. The male's eyes flicker around the room and finally rest over me. He doesn't do anything, simply stares at me and I can't help but to feel pressured into speaking. "Hey." I say awkwardly, yet not moving my eyes away from his. "I'm (y/n) (l/n)." I say carefully, "I just summoned you."