✞Day 3✞ Mall

"Uh, mom?" I say as walking in the living room, seeing her there with a book in hands. She hums and takes a few seconds to turn her attention to me. By her look, I can tell she already presumes what I'm going to say, but still waits for me to do it. "I'm going with my friends to the mall, okay?"

"When are you going to return?" She asks, checking the time on her phone.

"No idea," I shrug lightly, "by the end of the afternoon."

"Okay..." She mutters, thinking for a second, "Be safe, alright?" She says and I nod, telling her goodbye and heading out of the house, where Frank already waits for me.

"No car today?" I ask in a teasing tone, linking my arm to his.

"Of course car today." He answers nodding forwards and I can spot the car there.

"I forgot for a second about the succubus powers." It's clear my comment doesn't please him since he shoots my a glare when opening the door for me.

"You're not going to give up on that, are you?" He asks after walking around the car and getting on his seat too, starting the car.

"Nah," I grin teasingly, "too much fun for so."

"Alright, babe," Frank says in a funny tone, "let's go and impress your friends." He finally starts heading to the mall. It doesn't take more than ten minutes for us to get there - ten minutes of surprisingly comfortable silence while Linkin Park played in the background.

"Y'know, if they ask questions, like, where did we meet or for how long have we been together, what will we say?" Frank asks once he parked the car and exits it first to open the door for me.

"I already told them we're together for around five months," I say climbing out of the car then adjusting my clothes while he closes the door again and locks the car. "Because it was a time I was slightly distant because of some problems. And we could've met because of, I don't know," I look around for a moment, thinking, "some concert or music store, I guess we have somewhat the same taste in music." I point at his Metallica shirt.

"Do you go to concerts?" He raises an eyebrow and I shrug.

"Of course, but just once in a while since the tickets cost a kidney." I explain and he nods. "So, concert or store or what?"

"Do you frequent bars or something?" He asks and I shoot him a look of disbelief.

"I'm eighteen!"

"Not a problem!" Frank says in an obvious tone, "Fake ID or whatever." I scoff and he shakes his head at me. "I guess the store one suits more." He shrugs. "We were in the line to the cashier and started talking. Isn't it what you humans do in the lines? Start talking with strangers?"

Rolling my eyes, I laugh at him. "That does suit, whatever." I start walking towards the entrance of the building, making him follow me. "Just say that you insisted into chatting because getting me to talk with strangers isn't that easy."

"Oh, yeah!" By his tone, I can presume he's coming up with something funny. "There was this really beautiful person in the line and I was determined to get their number as soon as my eyes landed on them." He says overly dramatic as if he was talking with the guys already.

"Sure, sure." I laugh. "Taking off the part I'm beautiful, it's all okay."

"Now, no self deprecation." He says taking my hand in his and his serious plus concerned tone makes me sigh, looking away.

"Your fingers are calloused." I comment, shifting my hand a bit and feeling the rough and scratchy skin of his fingertips with my thumb. I glance at our hands for a moment, trying my best to focus on the stores or anything else to push the awkwardness away from my mind.