✞Day 10 & 12✞ Useless attempts

"Because Jim is the one behind everything."

"And he was, like, watching him and his friends closer that way?"

"Yeah, just to know everything better and all." I explain Frank, stretching myself after we've finished watching another Sherlock episode. Plain Sunday and we decided to pretend he came over to hang out so we can make it more convincing to my mother. She's currently on the dining room, doing something on her laptop, while sending us some completely not discreet glares now and then.

"I'm bored." He mutters as looking at me. I simply sigh, leaning against the backrest with a shrug. His eyes rest over me for a moment, then his lips are over mine and I can't really describe how it happened so quick.

My first reaction is to tense up, but I remember about yesterday and that I need to make it look natural and kiss him back. His lips are soft and weirdly warm - yes, I expected a demon to have a cold body -, I can feel the soft tickle of his breathe beneath my nose and shiver feeling his fingers playing with the hair on the back of my head. I place a hand over his forearm and the other on his shoulder, not knowing exactly knowing what to do with them.

He pulls away and remains indifferent, even with the curious and questioning look I send him, the smiles lightly a few seconds later. I wrinkle my nose, narrowing my eyes as shooting him a playful angry stare when he pokes my cheek.

We continue there for a few time, just talking, until it's about five and Frank pretends to leave, with the promise of coming back any day. After a calm dinner with my mother; I head upstairs and take a nice shower, meeting with Frank over my bed when exiting the bathroom.

"Told you it'd rain." He comments, pointing to the window - even though it's closed - and I nod, hearing the sound of a rain that started not long ago. I climb on the bed and plop down next to him, exhaling as leaning against his side.

"Wanna listen to some music?" I ask and he instantly agrees. While I sit up and reach for my phone that rests on the nightstand, he shifts and places a pillow over my crossed legs, laying down with his head over it. I look at him questioningly, but it's useless since his eyes are closed.

Placing my phone down again, I lean at the pillow set between the headboard and my back, appreciating it as the calm sound of Falling Down mixes with the one of rain pouring outside. Hesitantly, I move my hands to play with Frank's hair - I relax seeing there's no objection and continue.

"You're not doing what I think you are doing, are you?" Frank asks as soon as I'm some seconds into braiding his hair.

"Depends on what you're thinking about." I say holding back a chuckle; I let it out once he opens his eyes and narrow them at me. "You're going to be even more beautiful, c'mon!"

"Of course." He rolls his eyes, "So wonderful..." He mutters as closing his eyes again.

I smile, finishing the braid I was working on then let my fingers run along his skin, tracing his features. He's beautiful - I think, watching it as his face leans lightly against my touch when I cup his face.

-~*~-

"Those aren't the lyrics."

"Of course they are!" Brendon furrows his eyebrows, stopping to sing and turning to me.

"No!" I roll my eyes, "It's we are the people that can find whatever you may need." I tell him, saying it slowly and in the song's rhythm.

"Two words difference!" Brendon scoffs.

"Still." I tell him. It's uncomfortable hearing him switch may and can. He starts singing the song again and I get my attention off of him momentarily to see what's the teacher writing on the board. "A work?" I question, "But haven't we done all the works already and, like, there's just the tests lasting?"