✞Day 24 - 25✞

"Let me sleep!"

"C'mon, (y/n)! It's gonna be nice!"

"Stop, or else I'll lock you in a church and leave you there!"

"Wow, I'm trying to be nice and you offend me right away!" Frank says in a joking offended tone and I can't help but to laugh, opening an eye briefly to see his figure in front of me. I bury my face on the pillow more and try to tell him to fuck off, but it sure as hell goes out like incoherent mumbles. "I'm going to carry you out there if you don't come!" He exclaims. Wait, that does sound good. Not even bothering to open my eyes, I smirk. The demon chuckles. "What, you want me to carry you there?" Exhaling, I nod. Even not seeing it, I can tell he rolls his eyes, groaning lightly.

I don't feel anything at first, making me believe he gave up on the idea, but the arms hooking under my knees and around my shoulders tell me otherwise. With a quiet yelp, I open my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck. I need to blink a few times to see clearly. "What time is it?" I ask, a bit slurred. For sure it's in the middle of the night since it's still dark outside, but I can't tell when exactly.

"About three, four." He replies and I can't help but to find it nice the way his chest vibrates against my cheek. Fuck, I love his smell. "You love me that much?" His chest vibrates once again and slightly harder once he chuckles. I only notice now I've been nuzzling his chest - probably also because of the cold air that engulfed my body at once a few seconds ago. I nod and hum agreeing. It's true, whatever; plus I'll say anything for him to shut up, I want to sleep.

It's uncomfortable when I'm placed against a cold, soft surface, but I don't dare opening my eyes again. There's a small apology coming from Frank and a kiss placed on my forehead. Nice. The following sounds and the movement makes me notice where I am - the car.

I thought about asking what's our destination, but I feel asleep before being able to do so. That remained until I was slowly brought to consciousness by a soft poke on my side. I didn't sleep for long, I conclude, but also don't know for how long it was. I inhale deeply through my nose as starting to stretch myself - stopping once finding out there're limits - and open my eyes again. Frank stands beside the car and leaning towards inside it, the car's open door lets a cold breeze in.

"Now, you really need to get up." He has a half smile. I simply hum, processing what he says as trying to stand up. It's not until my feet reaches the ground that I notice he probably put my Chuck Taylors on while I was sleeping. At least they do match Frank's hoodie - that's more like mine now - and my sweatpants.

He places an arm around my waist as closing the car door and then we start to walk to... to where? I furrow my eyebrows at the lack of information and look up, deciding to try to conclude it by myself. The sky is still somewhat dark, yet I can tell the sun will be rising anytime soon. There's this fresh, plants smell and then I realize we're walking in the woods that aren't far from the road. For a second, I worry about mom finding out I sneaked out or something, but then remember she reluctantly went out for drinks with her friends - she had agreed on doing it before knowing I wasn't going to the prom and won't be home so soon.

"Why did you bring me here, Iero?" I slur with a sleepy and hoarse voice, smiling.

"Wanted to make it up for the prom." He answers with a kind of proud tone. I don't reply, simply continue admiring the view before me. We're closer to a hill - close enough to not fall and still appreciate all the view of the small city under us - he lets go of me and moves to spread a blanket over the grass, then brings me to sit down on it next to him. I do so and hug my thighs close to my chest, seeking for even more warmth. It takes a few time until I rub the sleep off of my eyes and don't feel groggy anymore. Thankfully, it happened in time to see the sunrise. It was a bit easy, considering my brain isn't used to being in an ambient like this as soon as I wake up and seems to need to check if everything is alright.