✞Day 22 & 23✞ It's how reality is

"Y'know," I start the subject. I've been thinking about this for a time and kind of need to say it to someone. Frank is the best person I can say it to and maybe coming up with it in a comfortable silence while we lay in my bed like we do almost every night is a good situation. "I don't want to go to the prom..."

"Why?" He asks, confused. "Aren't you humans, like, always anxious for it and all?" I twist my mouth lightly, finding it weird the way he said you humans.

"I just..." I bite on the inside of my cheek, readjusting my position lightly as trying to organize what I'm going to say, "I do have friends, but it's not like I'm in good terms with them right now. So, basically, if I'm going to a party in uncomfortable clothes just to be ignored and receive false smiles, I prefer to not go at all." I furrow my eyebrows lightly, remembering about how the guys have been acting and what Ryan and Brendon said lately. I mean, Brendon didn't say anything related to it directly, but it's enough. And there's Ryan, who was the last one to talk to me - plus it was weird when I saw him chatting normally with Brendon considering he was not happy at all with his behavior in the lunch event. Not even (f/n) seemed very pleased with it - obviously - and Dallon silently showed the same emotions. When I did risk talking to them, they cut me off or ignored a few comments that I made; I never thought I'd feel so bad for being ignored like this.

"What happened to your city names friends and the other ones from the mall?" Frank seems curious and still not quite understanding the subject.

"I guess they got tired of me." I reply, holding back a sad sigh, "Not like I was that good to them either, I'm too selfish most of the time and don't spend enough time with them and shit."

"You seemed to get along so well." He says in thought, "You didn't look selfish. I mean, from what I understood, you just don't go out with them and it's not like you need to do something you don't like just to please other people!" His tone is the one your mother uses when saying it is just like this! after solving in seconds a problem that seemed impossible to you until then.

"It's not like this." I say quieter. "Imagine, your friend never leaves their house, but suddenly started doing so to walk around the city with a red head, two other guys and their rich boyfriend. And still, they don't hang out with you!" I explain, imagining how they might be feeling right now.

There's another silence coming from him - it makes my face contort itself in a frown as I sink in another pool of thoughts about how awful I am.

"I guess," Frank starts, pulling me back to reality in the same moment. "that you can't consider how they react. They don't know what's really happening, so their opinion doesn't matter. Moo point." His tone is casual, as if he's explaining how to resolve a 2+2 math.

"But Frank," I furrow my eyebrows, groaning, "they're my friends! Plus that it isn't really about how I'm dealing with it, but how they are!"

"Does it matter?" He continues, careless, "They can't judge it properly before knowing it all, they're talking about what they assume from the minimum that can be observed, so their opinion would certainly be different if everything going on was considered. And I believe you can't really approach your friends and say uh, oh, they're just demons I've summoned and am hanging out with." His poor attempt of imitating my voice causes me to laugh. "You've got to ignore it and move on. It does sound harsh, but it's how reality is." He says after being quiet for a brief moment.

"It's how reality is." I repeat his words in a concluding voice, exhaling right after - I didn't know when did it happen exactly, but my thoughts were on Frank leaving. It'd happen in a point and I wasn't ready for it, at least not yet. Unconsciously, I turned slightly and started clutching onto him as thinking.