✞Day 2✞ Demon Frank

"I still can't fucking believe you hid it from us the whole time!" Ryan gasps, as if the fact he's talking about just happened. "Like, a fucking Corvette!" He looks at the others with widened eyes, as if trying to make them as surprised and excited as he is. Dallon nods, raising his eyebrows and moving his eyes from me to Ryan. Not knowing how to react, I keep my head low and don't answer, using the fact I'm eating as an excuse for so.

"Yeah, suspicious..." Brendon says and, by his tone, I can tell he isn't fully convinced by it yet. His usual smirk quickly takes over his lips and he leans a bit towards me, his head almost touching my shoulder. "Obviously he's not your boyfriend at all, so do you prefer Friday or Saturday night?"

"All the people I know aren't who they used to be," I start, with a tired tone and lazy smirk as I turn to my food again, "Brendon started as a friend and now will do everything to take me out, Ryan and Dallon are more mature and I'm even impressed." I shoot them a short glance. "No offenses." They raise an eyebrow at me, playfully glaring and making me smile more in response. "And there is also Chernobyl."

"Cherno sucks." Ryan says and we all nod in agreement. "Shame they turned into toxic people, they were so nice in the beginning!" He says in a tone of disbelief.

"I'd like to know what advantage they see in being toxic." Dallon furrows his eyebrows in a hopeless manner; Brendon and I do the same, slowly nodding.

"So, (n/n)," Brendon speaks up in his usual flirting tone after a moment of silence. He grins. "Do you prefer-"

"(Y/n) prefers going out with their boyfriend, Brendon." Ryan tells him, the corner of his lip curling up when Brendon scowls. I laugh at how they look like two children.

I finish swallowing the last bit of my food and turn to Brendon, touching his upper arm. "I really like you, Bren, but as a friend. You're one of the best friends I've ever had. I'm sorry for friendzoning you, but..." I press my lips together, tilting my head. "Feelings isn't something you can control and I don't think we'd hit it off as a couple." I show him a sympathetic smile and he wraps his arms around me as soon as I invite him for a hug.

Brendon exhales, pouting. "I know we'll still have something."

"We have something, we're friends, Bren." I shoot him a look, "You know things no one else knows."

"He knows things we don't?" Ryan gasps, looking at Dallon as if trying to convince him to react equally.

Dallon rolls his eyes, already getting what I mean. "And you know things no one else does and so do I." He explains and the other nods in response.

Not soon later, we need to head back to class and seems like I wasn't so lucky.

"(Y/n)." Andy's voice takes my attention off of my thoughts and I finish closing my locker to finally turn around. Oh, a chernoboy - I think when seeing Andy standing there. His weird glare makes me uncomfortable. I mutter a small greeting, hoping he leaves quickly, even knowing it probably isn't in his plans. "So, I heard about your little boyfriend."

Literally little; I think to myself, but quickly brush the thought away. I wrinkle my nose at the subject Andy starts to bring up, kind of knowing where it'll get us. "Oh, I guess the whole school did by now." I answer with indifference and he breathes a chuckle.

"Indeed." His intense gaze meets mine; I bite on the inside of my cheek in an attempt of distracting myself from the discomfort. "And how did you get so lucky?" A teasing smirk plays over his lips. "Maybe it isn't just love involved?"

I obviously notice his ambiguous comment, but decide to ignore it and don't feel like giving him any explanation. "I think you should mind your own business."